• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Super Bowl LVIII

I'll be kneeling in my living room tomorrow during the anthem. Swifts will be done.
IMG_0029.jpeg

We do a lot more than sit around and bitch.
We enjoy our great retirement plans which the generations after will most likely never see but will blame it on us for not getting.
We enjoy home ownership and large acreages of land which the other generations will never own but will blame it on us for their economic choices and failures.
We laugh at the ridiculous workplace rules the other generations are having to endure as they drank the DEI kool-aid, embraced the insanity but will eventually blame it on us.
We laugh knowing the other generations have been wasting their time and money on college degrees that will qualify them to serve us coffee and that’s why we smile at them at the counter but they will blame their educational choices on us.
And but not least, we have (at least some of us) the self-control and ability to not watch or support something that we don’t agree with or like just because everyone else is doing it.

BOOMER LIFE IS AWESOME.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I all I heard in my head when I read this was:

“You just walk into the job and hand the lead manager your resume. That’ll really impress them.”

&

“yOu DiDnT wOrK 40 yEaRs aT tHe SaMe jOb?? WhErEs yOuR lOyAlTy???”

I all I heard in my head when I read this was:

“You just walk into the job and hand the lead manager your resume. That’ll really impress them.”

&

“yOu DiDnT wOrK 40 yEaRs aT tHe SaMe jOb?? WhErEs yOuR lOyAlTy???”
He had a career field that has very unusual conditions. It's atypical. A lot of people his age are sucking. Good on him either way.

The reason I'm replying is because you reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend recently. He was lamenting the loss of pensions in the private sector and saying something to the effect that 401k plans are a scam. I can sympathize with what he was getting at, but I am so thankful I am not hostage to a company for a lifetime to earn a pension. As long as I stay employed in my career field, whatever companies I end up bouncing around over the years (which is a necessity), at least I will have a retirement account hopefully growing.

Back
Top Bottom