• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Stumped

thood

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
16   0
Reaction score
This is a rifle my grandfather made a lamp out of. I havent taken it out of the stock but i cant find an identifying mark on it. anyone have an idea what it is? A .45 slides in the barrel no problem but .50 is super tight. barrel length 34" oal 51"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 61
OMG, you have destroyed a rare, authentic piece of folk art. As a rifle, it is worth $23.00. As a folk art lamp, it was worth $23,000.00.:rofl:

I believe that this is an M1868 Egyptian Remington Rolling Block. The "Crescent Moon" mark on the left side of the receiver is typical of rifles issued to Egypt in the late 1800's early 1900's. I have a Remington Light Baby Carbine with the exact same markings. These are really cool and relatively rare guns. The majority of them have significant wear to the metal because the Egyptian soldiers would use water and sand to clean them with in the field..... Hope this helps with your search. Have a great weekend.

http://www.militaryrifles.com/egypt/EgyptRem.htm

I believe that this is an M1868 Egyptian Remington Rolling Block. The "Crescent Moon" mark on the left side of the receiver is typical of rifles issued to Egypt in the late 1800's early 1900's. I have a Remington Light Baby Carbine with the exact same markings. These are really cool and relatively rare guns. The majority of them have significant wear to the metal because the Egyptian soldiers would use water and sand to clean them with in the field..... Hope this helps with your search. Have a great weekend.

http://www.militaryrifles.com/egypt/EgyptRem.htm

Nice call there. Looking at your link, I would be inclined to agree. From the end of the lock forward, it bears a strong resemblance to some other three band rifles of the day. I wonder if the design started as a P53 Enfield or 61 Springfield and modified for the rolling block?

Back
Top Bottom