stuck brass

on a regular basis nothing. I try to roll the neck on the lube pad. :mmph:

Keep the case neck off the pad, you don't want lube on the neck. For neck internals I will take a q tip and dip it in the lube and run it around the inside of the neck, about 5 cases worth before relubing the q tip.

Ditto on the RCBS stuck case remover. I purchased on years ago when i started in the event I ever needed it. If you haven't got it out I live in Walton Co. can meet you somewhere and pull it for ya.

You don't need the RCBS tool. You can go to Home Depot and pick up everything you need for less than $10.

Here is what you need:

1. 13/64" (#7) drill bit
2. 1/4"-20 tap
3. 2" or 3" 1/4"-20 bolt
4. A few 1/2" cut washers (1/2" holes, not diameter) and two 1/4" washers. You can also use a socket if you have a set. If you do, then you only need the 1/4" washers.

Here is what you do:

1. Remove the stem assembly from the die. It may not come out all the way if the neck is still up in the die (the expander will not be able to come through)
2. Drill a hole in the bottom of the brass using the primer pocket as the guide.
3. Tap the hole in the brass.
4. Put the washers over the brass
5. Thread the bolt through the washers into the brass. What you are going for here is that the bolt head contacts the washers and the washers contact the die. As you "tighten" the bolt, it will pull the brass from the die.

Back
Top Bottom