stuck brass

jsmith15

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
119   0
Reaction score
I lubed my .243 brass generously and felt friction as it entered the die. When I tried to pull the brass out it stuck in the die. Any one have an idea on how to remove the brass without damaging the die? I will be more than happy to bring the die to you for help or mail it to you. Or am I better off buying another die?

Unscrew the top center off the die (the part with the decapping rod ) and then it will leave an open hole going down into the neck of the brass. Tap it out with a rod or dowel.

Also clean the die thoroughly and get all of the lubricant out and switch to one of the spray/dry lubicants like the one from frankford arsenal. It makes even resizing heavy walled significant shouldered cartridges as easy as doing 9mm ....

yep the RCBS stuck case remover is the ticket

worth it if you only stick one case in your life

basically it taps the primer pocket. then you use a allen headed bolt along with a spacer to pull the case out via the bolt.

BTW what lube were you using..

get yourself some imperial wax and you'll never have this issue. Stuff lasts forever it seems

for spray lubes, Dillions is the best I've seen..by far

where are you located. ??

Last edited:

worth it if you only stick one case in yoru life

basically it taps the primer pocket. then you use a allen headed bolt along with a spacer to pull the case out via the bolt.

get yourself some imperial wax and you'll never have this issue. Stuff lasts forever it seems

1000 times yes RCBS stuck case remover(although it would be pretty easy to make your own). Do not use an areosol lube on a rifle case. I use RCBS case slick and have not had a stuck case with it. I have had stuck cases with the areosol stuff. I just use it on the pistol cases that I run through carbide dies that is the only use it sees with me!

worth it if you only stick one case in yoru life

I'm in Loganville. I use RCBS pad and lube to roll brass on. Never had an issue. Think it might have been the brass resized wrong. After this incident I resized 22-250 and was smooth as butter.

Back
Top Bottom