• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stogies

I have mixed feelings about the Gurkhas. I had several boxes of different types, and even though they tasted fine, the wrapper always seemed to split during smoking. I bought them all at the same time, so maybe it was a bad batch. I know it was not humidity related as I am anal about that, and all of my others in the same cabinet smoked fine. I do think they are a little pricey sometimes for a mediocre stick. I have since rotated them out of my humidor.

Pisses you off when you drop a few hundred dollars on them and they fall apart. Makes you doubt everything you are doing, and you wonder if you are messing up all your other stock as well. Amarash, you must be as big a fan of cigars as I am. If I take a box out of the wrapper, I take each stick out of the wrapper as well to age it touching the cedar. What are your thoughts on this? I find I am better able to control the humidity.

Pisses you off when you drop a few hundred dollars on them and they fall apart. Makes you doubt everything you are doing, and you wonder if you are messing up all your other stock as well. Amarash, you must be as big a fan of cigars as I am. If I take a box out of the wrapper, I take each stick out of the wrapper as well to age it touching the cedar. What are your thoughts on this? I find I am better able to control the humidity.

I usually take them out of the cello, but lately...I've been leaving them in, so when I take them to work they won't get banged up so bad.
Smoked a Tio Pepe today...it was grand...made my day!
BTW... AMarsh, did you get those yet??

AHHHHHHHH........ Cigars and gun smoke... Nothing better...

Smoked a great PUNCH (I've smoked for 20 years now and I love all kinds but a PUNCH robusto is still one of my all time favs) while shooting my .45s this morning. A great way to relieve stress and enjoy the country.

As for Tobacco World and Robert I used to sell him cigars before he opened the store he is truly New York and a former restaurant guy. I agree that there are better cigars than from Cuba always have been. The Canary Islands used to do some very fine cigars. Fuente and Padron make great sticks and have been the most consistent. I have been looking for some H.uppman Cosarios forever those were some of the better ones out for the maker but can't find them. If in Douglasville let me know we can smoke at one of the 2 stores we have here.

Bill

Not that I am a proponent of smoking, but I look at a scotch and cigar as a one hour vacation. I am way too busy for vacation, so this is a great substitute. I took my first vacation in 6 years to California, and I must say that I would rather have sat on the front porch swing with a Glenfiddich and a nice Opus X than have gone there.

Back
Top Bottom