Stag arms

timbgtm

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Bigr hamr
Staff member
Super Moderator
137   0
Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing a new ar-15 and left handed.The only manufacture I know of is Stag.The dealer spoken with highly recommends them.The model looking at is the 2L.In the past have only shot right hand guns w/o any problem,but I was told once you go left you will never go back.Aso looking at colt,armalite,daniel defence which are quality models.Advice would be greatly appreciated.

DD is great (do they make left handed models?). I have a RH Stag and my buddy has the LH version. We both love them. Very tight tolerances, they run like tops. No problems feeding all kinds of ammo. I think Stag is a very good option, especially for the lefties.

I've bought 5 Stag AR's, all righties though. I wouldn't hesitate about making it 6.

My first 6.8 wouldn't group at all. I contacted them via email, and received a phone call the next day!

They paid the freight both ways, on the upper.

I received another phone call within a week or so, with
an explanation and an apology of a bad batch of barrels had made it past QC. They didn't repair my upper,
they simply sent me a new one. No BS, just good service. I had a new upper within 10 days
from start to finish! They've earned my continued support!

I don't believe DD makes a lefty.As for my budget like to keep under 15 with optics also.

what optic do you plan to get?

basic eotech $350 (add magnifier $350+)
primary arms red dot $99
aimpoint red dot $400+
leopold scope w/ mount $500+

so many options out there for you under $1500

I would also look at BCM and Palmetto State Armory as options as well, though I don't think they make left handed models.

I really like my lefty. It's a 2TL currently wearing an eotech. It has cycled anything I feed it, out of 2 stag ar's I haven't had any negative experiences.

I'll get a pic up

IMG_2344.jpgIMG_2343.jpg

Last edited:
I have never owned a Stag but have shot a few that my buddies have owned. They all ran just fine and most of them looked pretty well put together. The only thing that I have seen from them that didn't impress me, was a pitted fire pin in a brand new gun. I'm really not sure how it left the factory looking like that. It may have just been a fluke. With chuckdog stating that they let some bad barrels through and this pitted fire pin, I take it quality control may not be the best.

Back
Top Bottom