Sprint 4g LTE Sucks!

RobertB

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
156   0
Reaction score
I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years, and after studying their coverage maps, I decided to upgrade the old Blackberry to an Iphone 5. I can't stay on 4g LTE coverage anywhere I've been in the metro Atlanta area. Anyone having the same problems? I've seen some rumblings on the Sprint message boards. Wishing now i would have switch service to Verizon.

Yup same problem here. I have an Android, I'll reboot my network settings and that usually fixes the problem. Jumps from 3G to 4G. I live rite next to a Sprint tower. Don't see why 4G wouldn't stay on. Called Sprint and they stated I was in a 4G coverage area. Try toggling the cellular data or rebooting iphone 5. That may help.

I'm in Marietta and I get LTE coverage all the time. I'm going to go up to canton ga this evening. I'm on AT&T tho! LTE is super fast! It's as fast as my Comcast cable! 29mbs download and 13mbs upload!

Oh yeah I was in chamblee dunwoody and I was on LTE the whole time also Gwinnett.

I've reset my network setting several times, and it has been of no help.....along with doing other things that Sprint has told me. Best speeds I've seen are .55 mbps dl, and .44mbps ul. vs 19.44 and 4.20 thru wifi on Comcast. Sprint is sending me a new iphone, but they're on 2-3 week back order. I have a feeling its a network issue, and not a phone problem anyway.

I believe once everyone switches to LTE, speeds are going to decrease. Right now I'm in iPhone 5 AT&T. My LTE shows 25-29mbs download. :) I expect that to decrease when everyone transfer over to LTE.

I use Sprint, over 8 years, not hung up with the 4g stuff !!! Didn't see that much more speed and uses the heck out of the battery on my droid, so I never used it much

Got to chime in here. I've gone round and round with Sprint for the last 2 months. We had service with them for over 10yrs. I had no issues until they tried to flip the LTE switch on July 15th. Since then I drop calls and my data is slower than 56k many times. I have the newest EVO and was excited about LTE. Well, after 2 months I gave up. I wasn't even looking for LTE anymore just reliable voice and data. I picked up a Verizon phone last week and the coverage is night and day. There is no timeline for reliable service in Atlanta or many other LTE rollout markets. I couldn't take it anymore and they did not want to help. Check out Sprint's own customer message boards and look at the widespread service interruptions. Make sure to file a complaint with the FCC and BBB.

The iphone 5 is supposed to switch back and forth from 3g to LTE, when lte mode is turned on. Mine will switch to LTE, briefly, but then goes back to 3g. From everything I'm reading on the forums, the problem is with Sprint, and not the iphone. I'm at the Atlanta airport right now, and can't get LTE (even though the coverage map says I should). My buddy next to me has an ATT iphone 5 and he was close to 10.0 mbps download on LTE mode.

Last edited:
The iphone 5 is supposed to switch back and forth from 3g to LTE, when lte mode is turned on. Mine will switch to LTE, briefly, but then goes back to 3g. From everything I'm reading on the forums, the problem is with Sprint, and not the iphone. I'm at the Atlanta airport right now, and can't get LTE (even though the coverage map says I should). My buddy next to me has an ATT iphone 5 and he was close to 10.0 mbps download on LTE mode.

It's Sprints network. I had an old 4G Evo that gave me over 10 mbps download. All over Atlanta and the metro counties before LTE came out. Never had a network issue with Sprint until they starting rolling out their LTE network. Sprint are having issues with there LTE network but aren't publicly admitting it.

I've been a Sprint customer for over 10 years, and after studying their coverage maps, I decided to upgrade the old Blackberry to an Iphone 5. I can't stay on 4g LTE coverage anywhere I've been in the metro Atlanta area. Anyone having the same problems? I've seen some rumblings on the Sprint message boards. Wishing now i would have switch service to Verizon.

Don't you have 30 days to return the phone? If so I would make a beeline for the nearest Sprint store and do that, then make the switch. IIRC you can take your phone number with you.....

Back
Top Bottom