• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PSA: B&B charcoal SUCKS.

I see your point. But there's one thing that stands out to ME as far as gas grilling. Turn on the gas and hit the red button. Five minutes later you're cooking. With charcoal, like I have now you gotta babysit it and wait for it to get just right before you throw the meat on. I ain't got the patience for that anymore.

I get that part of it. But part of my weekend “self help” sessions is seeing how much bourbon I can drink before the charcoal is ready.

I don’t consider myself a charcoal snob but I will take the 5+ hour round trip to Cleveland GA to get Meathead brand charcoal.

What’s the deal on that. I’ve ran Kingsford for years in my Weber kettle. I use lump in my smoker but always looking for something with a better burn time.

I see your point. But there's one thing that stands out to ME as far as gas grilling. Turn on the gas and hit the red button. Five minutes later you're cooking. With charcoal, like I have now you gotta babysit it and wait for it to get just right before you throw the meat on. I ain't got the patience for that anymore.
It's very easy once you get the basics down. But if you're happy with gas, no need to learn.

All this yakking about grills, gas, charcoal…..

74A8D2EF-3966-41E5-9147-8FE9CA18D81F.jpeg

Uppity MFR’s……..

I don’t consider myself a charcoal snob but I will take the 5+ hour round trip to Cleveland GA to get Meathead brand charcoal.
Up here in Gilmer County we got “Meth Head charcoal”……
CE75B6CC-7562-4EB3-8675-F7EDC45E5723.jpeg

Cook with it and you can strain it into your Mountain Dew to make a cocktail while your Spam sizzles.

What’s the deal on that. I’ve ran Kingsford for years in my Weber kettle. I use lump in my smoker but always looking for something with a better burn time.
It’s good charcoal. nice big pieces, never any trash in it. There are dealers closer to me but I like to go to east Ga occasionally so I stock up at the Tomato House farms store on Cleveland Highway in Dahlonega while there.

Back
Top Bottom