• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

South Korean M2 ball on stripper clips?

Don't know how they were advertised, but some of the Korean ammo is corrosive. There's a thread out there on which headstamps are and aren't.

I ran into this after buying two cans of it. Not a problem in a bolt gun, but a pain in the Garand.

This is corrosive. The way I read a while back was the two head stamps were PS and KA. Easy way to remember is PS = Pretty Safe(non-corrosive) and KA = (K)orrosive ammo (corrosive).

I'm just using this for my bolt guns anyhow, I have a mess of HXP for the Garands.

Last edited:
Don't know how they were advertised, but some of the Korean ammo is corrosive. There's a thread out there on which headstamps are and aren't.

I ran into this after buying two cans of it. Not a problem in a bolt gun, but a pain in the Garand.

I had some split at the primer. Pulled the bullets and quite a bit of the powder was "jelled" into a blob. Ended up pulling all 400+ rounds and saved the bullets. Dumped the rest.

Be carefull, my brass looked good with no sign of corrosion.

Attachments

• IMG_6151.JPG
    IMG_6151.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 12
I had some split at the primer. Pulled the bullets and quite a bit of the powder was "jelled" into a blob. Ended up pulling all 400+ rounds and saved the bullets. Dumped the rest.

Be carefull, my brass looked good with no sign of corrosion.

That is one odd place for a case to crack. Typically it will do it at the sholder.

I bought some of the Pakistani ball ammo.

I shake each round before loading into clips just to make sure nothing has jelled or been over-loaded.

Back
Top Bottom