Sons of Guns on Discovery Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the show is a joke. The stuff they make- and pass off as the tops of firearms technology- is garage level gunsmithing. I've done more tech stuff with a Dremel- which by the way, they use too. The guy posts on silencertests.com and seems decent enough, but the whole AK47SD version of the MP5SD ended up being a foot longer than an AK, and simply wasn't quiet. His claim was that it was the game changer that all suppressor companies would be measured by. Yeah, that's what I was thinking too- and over $2,000?

My favorite was the guy that they built the AR for- the Katana, with a long "a", like banana. He does some failure drills (FTE, FTF, dble feed) and when it passes them, he's like "NIIIICE!". O.k., so it ejected a round when you worked the charging handle- how does that make it a top build? He tells them that he's got 10 guys lined up wanting one just like it for ....$1850! Look it up Shaw barrel? I could put it together for no more than $900, probablly much less.

The only thing that they do that's cool is the up turned bolt on the ak47.
He's an asshole talks to his guys like crap .
Calls his self a gunsmith went to a movie shoot with out a tool kit or a can of oil
He could have sent that young boy to get some but he just opened a suv hood like a real dumb ass and used the dip stick .
That's a good name for him dip stick LOL

Last edited:
oh and the mistakes his guys make, like not test firing a weapon before you show it to a customer, come on, what a joke, what boss would keep people that dumb working for them? the whole show is a joke.

I just watched tonights show with the fold up flashlight gun. I haven't looked for the link, but I recall seeing this done on a video several years ago. They act like they just invented the concept.

Boy you guys are hard. At least it's not another show full of queers and so much cussing you only get every other word. The duaghter is not hot but if she was the "last female on earth" she would better than the alternative.

its just entertainment. if you don't like it move on. least its about guns. go watch cupcake wars or jersey shore.lol

Exactly what I was thinking. Everyone here are Hollywood producers. I almost forgot that fact. Again....please post a link once some of you get a show.

I did mention it was mildly entertaining. Nothing about the accuracy or quality of their work. Lol

There are people that are not gun people and they will form opinions about firearms, gun owners and the firearms industry based on this show. It's irresponsible of the owner and crew to allow themselves to be portrayed in the backwoods, "hold my beer and watch this" manner that they are.

The owner said he didn't want them to be portrayed as an "American Chopper" with guns. He succeeded. At least American Chopper was successful and had talent, and not the goofballs in that gunshop. They don't help the image of responsible gun ownership.

Just last night, he's updating the Thomspon SMG with a rail and such. They tweak it a bit and stick a loaded mag in and take to to the indoor range. He shoots it and it dumps the mag, and then he gets all "this thing will kill somebody!" Did he consider doing a function check first? If he did, he should have demanded it be filmed and included, because what was shown was amatuer hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom