• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone in N Georgia faking antique firearms

Text me tomorrow afternoon and I’ll call you back. I’ll tell you the story of the fake Colt SAA pinch-frame that was (and may still be) for sale locally. Last I saw it was marked down to $80k.
I have seen lots of fakes in Watkinsville area...and they all came from North GA.

I know the one you are talking about. A gun with the same serial sold at auction several years ago and the one on display in that shop has a print out of that auction with it.

I wasn't even counting the fakes in that shop.

I actually know who is responsible for most of those in that shop, and he had table at the show in Dalton a few months ago. Nobody would touch any of his stuff with a 10ft pole.

Defarbed and distressed Pietta. This was nearly lodgewood quality work. That one came into the gun show Sunday afternoon. Guy bought it last week for $5000 from a private party in Lawrenceville.
Ouch. That tuition is high.

I don't know much about guns being fake But I bought a fake Case Tested Pocket knife on ebay once Had to argue with the seller to get my money back Long story short I think the seller didn't know it was a fake It might be the same situation with the seller of those guns

Wow that sucks glad you were able to spot the fakes. Now I'm wondering if that custom built Glock 19 that I paid $10,000 for is really the one that Chuck Norris used when he killed Hitler.
Should have taken it to Rick. He has a friend.. ..

If the person faking these guns is on here.... Be advised the police have been notified of your fraudulent activity and the pawnshops (at least one I know of) have cooperated with the investigation.
That'll scare em off.....

Wouldn't it have made more sense to post WTB threads for antique firearms and let him come to you?

I know the one you are talking about. A gun with the same serial sold at auction several years ago and the one on display in that shop has a print out of that auction with it.

I wasn't even counting the fakes in that shop.

I actually know who is responsible for most of those in that shop, and he had table at the show in Dalton a few months ago. Nobody would touch any of his stuff with a 10ft pole.
So why aren't the police talking to THAT guy? Maybe there's a group of fraudsters working together?

So why aren't the police talking to THAT guy? Maybe there's a group of fraudsters working together?
I'm guessing that whoever is offering them up is careful NOT to provide demonstrably false claims about the provenance of the item. IOW, he may just let the item stand for itself, make some vague comments and then let the potential buyer ASSUME things he shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom