• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Someone in N Georgia faking antique firearms

Rabbit2047

Default rank 5000+ posts
Purveyor of Antique Firearms
98   0
Reaction score
In the last week at various pawnshops and gun stores, and even the gun show, I have seen a fake Dancer Revolver, fake LeMatt Revolver, fake Fluck Dragoon Revolver, fake C.S. Richmond Musket, and a fake Cook & Bros Musket.

All were acquired in the last 90 days.

If someone presents you with a historical arm at a price too good to be true, then call an expert before laying the money down. If ANYTHING raises a red flag, investigate it thoroughly.

These fakes are incredibly well done, and if not for a couple mistakes, they would have fooled me.

If the person faking these guns is on here.... Be advised the police have been notified of your fraudulent activity and the pawnshops (at least one I know of) have cooperated with the investigation.

Defarbed and distressed Pietta. This was nearly lodgewood quality work. That one came into the gun show Sunday afternoon. Guy bought it last week for $5000 from a private party in Lawrenceville.
oh damn. that is a ton of scratch. how did the dude take it? I don't know what I'd do...glad y'all got the cops involved.

oh damn. that is a ton of scratch. how did the dude take it? I don't know what I'd do...glad y'all got the cops involved.

With the exception of the Fluck Dragoon, all the fakes I mentioned would be worth over $10,000 each if they were genuine.

The gentleman was rightly pissed and he also contacted LE to make a report. He also thanked me for letting him know and taking the time to appraise it for him.

With the exception of the Fluck Dragoon, all the fakes I mentioned would be worth over $10,000 each if they were genuine.

The gentleman was rightly pissed and he also contacted LE to make a report. He also thanked me for letting him know and taking the time to appraise it for him.
DJD...so the too good to be true bit dat ass...hard. That is a lesson I do not want to learn first hand.

DJD...so the too good to be true bit dat ass...hard. That is a lesson I do not want to learn first hand.

I got all excited about the Dancer. I have been wanting one of those for years but have never personally seen one for sale. So when I got a call saying a pawnshop in Lawrenceville had one... I hauled ass over to look at it. Too bad it was not authentic. Saved me a big chunk of change though.

I got all excited about the Dancer. I have been wanting one of those for years but have never personally seen one for sale. So when I got a call saying a pawnshop in Lawrenceville had one... I hauled ass over to look at it. Too bad it was not authentic. Saved me a big chunk of change though.
lol, Lawrenceville turning out some good fakes.

Text me tomorrow afternoon and I’ll call you back. I’ll tell you the story of the fake Colt SAA pinch-frame that was (and may still be) for sale locally. Last I saw it was marked down to $80k.
I have seen lots of fakes in Watkinsville area...and they all came from North GA.

Back
Top Bottom