• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

So who all rides motorcycles?????

Some footage from Saturday on the Triumph Speed Twin:

I love the Triumph Twins.... Bonneville, Speed, & Thurxtons! such Iconic bikes that move and sound in all the right ways! My Youngest son's first bike was a Triumph T100 that he did a LOT of work too..just an awesome first bike and one we hated to see leave the stable.

It was a British Customs show piece just about....he threw the catalog at it and man it turned heads everywhere we went.

Attachments

• DSCF5562 copy.JPG
    DSCF5562 copy.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF5596 copy.JPG
    DSCF5596 copy.JPG
    292.3 KB · Views: 16
I love the Triumph Twins.... Bonneville, Speed, & Thurxtons! such Iconic bikes that move and sound in all the right ways! My Youngest son's first bike was a Triumph T100 that he did a LOT of work too..just an awesome first bike and one we hated to see leave the stable.

It was a British Customs show piece just about....he threw the catalog at it and man it turned heads everywhere we went.

Yeah, mine has a lot of bits on it, but most of them are around performance.

British Customs X-Pipe
Ohlins shocks and damper
K-Tech Racing forks(complete rebuild)
Full custom dyno tune got us 103hp and 85ft/lbs at the wheel
Better tires, Michelin Road 6
EBC HH brake pads up front
Fly screen and number plate
Triumph heated grips

I should have it out on Road Atlanta on July 1 with N2 Track days. Should get some good video!

British Customs X-Pipe
Ohlins shocks and damper
Triumph heated grips

I should have it out on Road Atlanta on July 1 with N2 Track days. Should get some good video!
We are looking into some track days as well.. was looking at STT but will look at N2 as well.. we have never been on the track but it's time...well past time.

We are looking into some track days as well.. was looking at STT but will look at N2 as well.. we have never been on the track but it's time...well past time.
Road Atlanta has them, and then there is Barber, but that's a bit of a drive. AMP up in Dawsonville is supposed to be pretty good. I do Road Atlanta more than anything else. its a big fast track and close to my house.

Road Atlanta has them, and then there is Barber, but that's a bit of a drive. AMP up in Dawsonville is supposed to be pretty good. I do Road Atlanta more than anything else. its a big fast track and close to my house.

Was at Barber for MotoAmerica. Love that track and place. Wouid likes to go to AMP or Barber for first track day. Road ATL is FAST! So we like to start lower on top speed tracks.

Was at Barber for MotoAmerica. Love that track and place. Wouid likes to go to AMP or Barber for first track day. Road ATL is FAST! So we like to start lower on top speed tracks.

My wife and I started at Road Atlanta... I have done that track maybe 10 times now... Did Talledega GP half a dozen times and once at Jennings.

Hardly defunct. One of the most active and prolific clubs in the country.
I took a ride Saturday to Luckenbach. As I was leaving I noticed a guy with a CMA vest on and stopped to introduce myself and see what chapter he was with. Pleasant guy and he suggested that he had a card with chapter info on it and started digging in his vest. He then complained that his gun was in the way and just plopped it down on the table he was sitting at. He was also the chapter chaplin (and president) and told me the chaplain always needs protection. I found the whole thing comical. The fact it was a Taurus made it that much more so. God bless Texas. 😎

British Customs X-Pipe
Ohlins shocks and damper
Triumph heated grips

Love my bike! 2009 Thruxton
cbd9ead80e02c9c978404e0b09dae916.jpg

0fcdac68e3a733beeadfbedf955260d0.jpg

5671a88dc0dbd41fbe7145c202bc2425.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold my 883 Sporster, and am now trying to replace the thermostat in the Honda Shadow 1100 before I ride it in this summer heat. My last real street use of this bike was in mid-April, and while it wasn't overheating THEN, those were much cooler days.

Despite what the Clymer service manual says, I'm thinking that to get to the thermostat, you have to strip the bike down to the bare frame... and even cut an 8" section out of the left side of the frame with an oxygen-acetylene torch. ..

Back
Top Bottom