• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So if we see teotwawki.............................

And I say that while sipping my coffee, having a cigarettes, mildly dehydrated from the booze the night before and getting ready to take a shower... :D

Yeah but if it really is TEOTWAWKI... you will be able to acquire any amount of hot coffee, booze, cigarettes, etc... Just be the strongest, most well armed group among the anarchy and you'll have plenty.

any of you thought about spices like salt, pepper, and the like?
i'm sure the food(if you can find any) will be bland if not nasty tasting after a couple of weeks.

Variety. Post SHTF I think we will be drinking a lot of water. Cokes will be harder and harder to scavenge and in a few months the expiration dates will eliminate them all. Juices will be a thing of the past unless you grow or have access to fruit trees. Coolaid can be scavenged for a long time as will a few other long shelf life dry mixes. Got milk? Not any more. Cold beer? For a couple of months maybe. After that, it will be stale and flat. Whiskey? Sure as long as you can find and save it.

For food, fresh produce aside from what you can grow or maybe trade for will become scarce. All your pineapple/banana/kiwi type imported fruits...gone. Canned will be the only meat that will be available for most aside from game(deer/squirrel, maybe wild turkey and in a few cases wil hog). I know a lot of you guys love your dogs but if we go into long term SHTF you may find yourself in competition with that beloved pet for food. Lotta protien in Alpo. ;) J/K but after the Alpo runs out the dog needs meat that you may need for your family.

I tihnk overall and in a relatively short time we will be looking at simple, repetitive menus of both food and drink

Back
Top Bottom