So... I want a poverty pony.

A lower is a lower in theory my concern for OP would be that with the current increase in demand and the increased production #s. The QC typically takes a decline and in the past we have seen a lot of that surface in Anderson’s production in the form of holes not lining up, holes egg shaped, to high or low on the tolerance, unbroached mag wells etc. where as other manufacturers like aero tend to maintain QC, another thing I’ll note in regards to Anderson comes from an interview from Mike at SOLGW where he stated that the retail cost of an Anderson lower was less than his cost to have lowers machined to print. Just food for thought. After all there are plenty of functional Anderson guns in circulation

While I'm sure you are probably correct about quality control I have not personally had any issues. As far as Mikes comments go...... when you sell a more expensive product you've got to find every possible reason why someone should pay extra for yours when they are practically the same thing. For example, As an eye doctor are my glasses more expensive then online? yeah they sure are. Are they better quality, yeah hands down. Is that a noticeable difference in quality? IDK to me yes it sure is, but there are people who walk around and hardly see anything and feel like they are just fine. But when you buy glasses from me not only do you get the quality but you get the support if there is an issue I'll make it right. Same can be applied to this situation.

I’ve got one, my dads got two, and my bro’s got one. My bro and I shoot ours a lot. We only have the Anderson lower, uppers are untouched from the factory rock river arms and aero with quality drop in triggers. Everything lined up, accuracy is about 1.5 to 2 MOA depending on ammo and they both have about 1000 or so rounds through them both.

My dad has an Anderson lower on a radical firearms upper. Lower has milspec parts. Upper had serious issues that were sent to cmshoot to get fixed. Rifle was completely worked over by cmshoot and now it’s functioning fine. It’s got roughly 600 rounds down it.

I wouldn't go overboard on the recievers just don't skimp on the trigger, BCG and barrel. BA Hanson barrels are decent and accurate. They make for a semi inexpensive build. Aero recievers are pretty consistent and would be a good start. The key to a decent inexpensive gun is have a plan of parts you are going to use and don't be tempted to upgrade or stray from the path. AR Performance has great BCGs for 129. You should be able to keep it around 800. The same price you would buy a entry level shelf gun for with good parts. I just bought a Ruger AR556 just to put another AR in the safe quickly simply because Biden is ramping up his gun agenda to. I plan to replace the trigger, charging handle, and parts I like on my guns. However, by the time I am done with it I could built one myself and a damn good one at that. It's a freaking disease man. Now that parts are scarce upgrading is easier than starting from scratch if you want good recievers. I just bought the Ruger to avoid Anderson parts. I am sure there are Anderson recievers that have been running for years but I didn't want to take the chance. I say screw it and build one. I'm already hunting parts for another.

pony ar looks like ****.jpg

Back
Top Bottom