• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So... I want a poverty pony.

Ringorock

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
EyTeeEff
62   0
Reaction score
No reason not to, right? I have really nice guns, but I want to build a poverty pony that I can paint to turd and back and back to turd again and again. Or, should I just build another Aero or BCM to satiate my need to build another AR clone? I guess I could paint the BCM too.

Dear diary,

So I haven’t bought a stripped lower in a while but when I did there wasn’t but 35 bucks difference the Aero was 75 and the Anderson was $40, that being said prices are much different today typically
Now for that kind of cost difference would the generally better and consistent quality of the Aero be worth the extra price? That’s the question. if the cost is much more than that it may be worth it to go Anderson. But I personally have heard a lot of horror stories to ever wanna but something that could become a paper weight

I run a Anderson on my run and gun set up. It gets thrown in the mud, dragged on the ground and everything else. I don't feel bad about it and don't care how it looks. If it breaks "which I highly doubt" I'll just pick up another. I Have expensive lowers and dirt cheap lowers, I feel bad trashing expensive ones especially when there's no functional difference between a 50 dollar lower and a 250+ lower.

I run a Anderson on my run and gun set up. It gets thrown in the mud, dragged on the ground and everything else. I don't feel bad about it and don't care how it looks. If it breaks "which I highly doubt" I'll just pick up another. I Have expensive lowers and dirt cheap lowers, I feel bad trashing expensive ones especially when there's no functional difference between a 50 dollar lower and a 250+ lower.
A lower is a lower in theory my concern for OP would be that with the current increase in demand and the increased production #s. The QC typically takes a decline and in the past we have seen a lot of that surface in Anderson’s production in the form of holes not lining up, holes egg shaped, to high or low on the tolerance, unbroached mag wells etc. where as other manufacturers like aero tend to maintain QC, another thing I’ll note in regards to Anderson comes from an interview from Mike at SOLGW where he stated that the retail cost of an Anderson lower was less than his cost to have lowers machined to print. Just food for thought. After all there are plenty of functional Anderson guns in circulation

Back
Top Bottom