• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Snake!!!!!

caught this rat snake at my work last week. about a 3 footer. the look on peoples faces here was pricless when i bent down to pick it up lol (cubicle people). let him go in some woods nearby.

i wrapped him up like that on me so he was easier to control btw.

I'm not much of a snake person but don't run like crazy when I see them. One of the best I've ran across was a huge cranebreak down st. Simons island. We moved it out of the road so it didn't get ran over with my surf rod and played with him some. Actually stayed calm and didn't rattle or nothing. But someone told me a lot of the rattlesnakes are learning to not rattle cause of the hogs eatting them.

Now when I was younger we lived on a creek and killed copperheads by the dozens every year. But lots of watersnakes left those alone. Caught a huge rat snake those are the foulest smelling nasty things wouldnt killed one.

But a copperhead on water is one fast moving machine. I got this fat friend he's always been big he straight up jumped right over it.

I'll see if I can find a picture of the cranebreak those are one cool looking snake but I wouldn't play with one in close quarters 10 foot surf rod length only

We've seen many more so far this year than normal.

3 in the last week on our road and
in the past 3 days, My father in law has had to get 3 chicken snakes and 1 "black" snake because they kept coming too close to his house; my 3 yr old son almost stepped on 1 of them.

Evidently King Snakes are the only survivors down there. ;)

This fella surprised me last week when moving my woodpile. Had to relocate him.

We got a bunch of Nancy's in here.

I relocated this copperhead as well. I seen several copperheads this season, probably the most I've ever seen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370424047.032364.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370424076.954260.jpg

Heres a picture of the canebrake I played with done at St. Simons island. He was one big boy nearly covered one lane on the road thought it was a big limb in the road then realised it was a snake. So I moved him was actually not aggressive at all.
Cool snake for sure. He'd straight up jack you up if you didn't know what you was doing if you grabbed him.
I'm not a snake person but have the respect for them to leave them alone when needed. Killed the heck out of copperheads tho when I was younger they was everywhere at this place I lived at on a creek as a kid.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v716_cwhotrod311_facebook_1984553058.jpg

Back
Top Bottom