• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Snake Season

I have a king snake who has laid claim to the greenhouse. Works for me, he gets room and board and I have a few less vermin to deal with.
Copperheads on the other hand are immediately dispatched. I've had 2 dogs bitten in the last several years and was almost bitten myself on one occasion.
In the warmer weather I don't even leave the grassy area of the property without my snake boots.

I went shooting at my cabin Saturday but needed to do a little bushhoging first. There was a large (5'+) rat snake under the hood. I tried to move him but he decided to escape INTO the console. :rolleyes: Great. Now he's in there and I have tractoring to do before I can shoot. So I took off bush-hogging repeatedly watching my feet since I had one dump down right on my feet last year in the same situation. That's not really my favorite thing in life. But, I never saw him. Afterwards, when I started to shoot between me and the target I started hearing some buzzing. It was flies. Poor guy must have bailed and the bush hog got him. That was not what I was wanting as he was doing a great job keeping the mice at bay.

I've seen several snakes in my yard but thankfully have never seen a copperhead. And if you knew my yard, you'd be equally shocked.
King snake 2.jpg
King snake.jpg

This one did the same thing. She however did not get mowed.

Back
Top Bottom