• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

snake boot recomendations?

benpor

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
I need a pair of boots and I am looking for snake boots. Anyone have any suggestions? I look online and they all have good and bad reviews. I also can't spend $200 on boots.

Just picked up my second pair of Rocky 16" snake boots from bass pro. $125.00, insulated and fully waterproof to about 14". very comfortable feel like wearing tennis shoes. First pair finally wore out after 3 years and 2 trips too close to camp fire.

Just picked up my second pair of Rocky 16" snake boots from bass pro. $125.00, insulated and fully waterproof to about 14". very comfortable feel like wearing tennis shoes. First pair finally wore out after 3 years and 2 trips too close to camp fire.

That's more in my price range. :)

Got a pair of Lacrosse muck boots with snake proof liners in them from Bass Pro. I think they were $150-160 delivered to the door. They come all the way up to your knees (18" tall I think) and are comfortable the times I have worn them. Just need to have a boot jack/remover as they like to stay on with the ankle lock system. I got these due to having large calves and most of the snake boots were too tight to get on. Rocky's were too tight to be comfortable.

The Rocky boots are a good buy. Zipper side makes them easy to get on and off. They stay waterproof and are very comfortable. Redhead boots are cheaper to buy but the pairs I've owned started to leak after one season. I would avoid those. I've put a bunch of miles on my Rocky's and I will buy them again when I wear out the current pair.

I have found that you get what you pay for.... I have bought cheap snake boots and got blisters and it did not take long before they leaked..... so I buy a quality boot now...