Smoking cigarettes

My wife and I quit in 09. We bought tic tacs by the box. I bought wintergreen and she the grapefruit. We used Chantix and coming off the Chantix almost killed me. There are times Ive been tempted to pick them back up but knowing the struggle with coming off the Chantix has kept me from picking up another. I know that if I smoked another I would either hate it or I would be back to smoking like I never stopped. Oh my goodness they are expensive these days. Some times I smell a cigarette and Im glad I quit especially if I get in someones car. There are times I smell a cigarette and want to take it from them and eat it because it smells so good.

Well after 20 plus years I have laid them down, going on 36 hours now without one, as I have not been hit hard by a craving yet, I am sure it is coming, what I am struggling with is the need to have something in my hand, what are somethings y’all that have been in the same shoes done to help with the feeling on needing to do somthing with my hands?
Practice cleaning and polishing your guns or find some old ones to practice taking them apart and reblueing. Find things around the house that have needed attention or gardening when its nice out. Anything that gives your mind focus away from thinking of the craving. CONGRATULATIONS on stopping! I pray it adds many more years to your life.

Ruger34 Ruger34

Checking in. Stay strong.
F03E0443-DED3-4CDC-A9DF-C5352268919D.gif
28B355B5-DA3F-4D81-9EF0-1C8B4046C168.gif

......There are times I smell a cigarette and want to take it from them and eat it because it smells so good.
In the afternoon, on the rifle range after a great range session, 70 degrees, light wind, very low humidity, nothing smells better than cigarette smoke wafting in that wind. I know I'll never light another one (Nov 8, 2004) and that makes me a little sad, but quitting is the best thing I ever did for myself other than putting my wife away from me.

In the afternoon, on the rifle range after a great range session, 70 degrees, light wind, very low humidity, nothing smells better than cigarette smoke wafting in that wind. I know I'll never light another one (Nov 8, 2004) and that makes me a little sad, but quitting is the best thing I ever did for myself other than putting my wife away from me.
Cigarettes, lottery tickets, and beer =

POOR TAX!

Still quit, not easy , but everyday gets a-little easier
I see that little man in your Avatar. He will see everything you do. Smoking is learned behavior.

***My youngest motivated me to quite when he was 2 - I saw him imitating me lighting and smoking a Marlboro. That was the end of it for me***

It’s hard as Hell. I am lifting you up.

Back
Top Bottom