• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

smoked backstrap with onion and peppers

i have heard that you should cook it "well'ish" , due to bacteria. but i love well done meat.
As long as you field dress it and get cold as quickly as you can it should be fine to serve medium rare which is best for a back strap. People have different taste so can do what they want but you get the true venison flavor from leaner meat by leaving more juice in it. Also good to add some red wine to the jus and create a sauce or I have even cooked down blueberries with some sugar and herbs to dress it.

well....let's just scare anyone stupid enough to read all that crap....I've eaten enough vision to medium rare to sink a battleship...I see just fine....I also hear there are flesh eating organisms in the ocean, and no one, in their right mind should get in the the ocean....

well....let's just scare anyone stupid enough to read all that crap....I've eaten enough vision to medium rare to sink a battleship...I see just fine....I also hear there are flesh eating organisms in the ocean, and no one, in their right mind should get in the the ocean....
ok
so lets not share info.
i have personally at a stunt show we did at an airport done both a 140 mph wheelie and a 110 mph stoppie. i have done faster of both, but this was checked with a radar gun by local pd at the show.
so anyone out there that wants to try, should feel confident they can do the same....

As long as you field dress it and get cold as quickly as you can it should be fine to serve medium rare which is best for a back strap. People have different taste so can do what they want but you get the true venison flavor from leaner meat by leaving more juice in it. Also good to add some red wine to the jus and create a sauce or I have even cooked down blueberries with some sugar and herbs to dress it.
grilling vs smoking makes a difference. it was more than tender, it cut with a fork. i always prefer well done meat, man did not master fire, not to use it.. i burn my steaks, it should be solid, well all the way thru and crispy with a real good char on the outside.....

Under cooked venison can make you go blind, buddy lost sight in one eye from eating venison rare.
Toxoplasmic retinochoroiditis
Good friend of mine had the same thing happen, lost sight in his dominant (right) eye from eating venison rare. Messed his hunting up for quite a while until he got used to shooting left handed.

exactly how are "WE" putting this on venison.....maybe he was pregnant, and changed the cat litter box...

Toxoplasma infection can be prevented in large part by:
cooking meat to a safe temperature (i.e., one sufficient to kill Toxoplasma)
  • peeling or thoroughly washing fruits and vegetables before eating
  • cleaning cooking surfaces and utensils after they have contacted raw meat, poultry, seafood, or unwashed fruits or vegetables
  • pregnant women avoiding changing cat litter or, if no one else is available to change the cat litter, using gloves, then washing hands thoroughly
  • not feeding raw or undercooked meat to cats to prevent acquisition of Toxoplasma

Back
Top Bottom