• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

sks project conversion to ak mags UPDATED WITH HOW TO VIDEO

$nipertime

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   1
Reaction score
As some of you know I do some of the craziest gun modifications ever. Well tomorrows project will be a chinese sks. Im going to cut, crown, thread 5/8x24 and install a claymore brake. Too easy 1hr tops. So next Im going to go against what others have said and advised and convert to run ak mags. Oh boy, and the challenge is not to use any ak latches or springs. Im out of the country at the end of the week so no time to wait on shipped parts. Tools availiable will be a dremel, hand tools and a welder. And of course a lathe to turn and thread the muzzle. So go ahead and say it, Just buy an ak....... I have a few, and am just an ameteur gunsmith with hypertension. I know some of you know what I mean about hypertension. I get an idea and I will not sleep until its completed. Wide open... Anyway hopefully I can get this completed tomorrow and post pics

Last edited:
Well the world wasn't built in one day and neither is my rifle. Everything done but mag catch and cerakote, finishing cleanup of slag etc. Wow alot of metal has to come out of that magwell. I got everything mock fitted holding the magazine with my hand for the catch fired 5 rounds, cycled good. I used the spring out of a Stanley staple gun for the mag catch, and am trying to think of how to build a mag catch. I will be done by next Sunday cerakoated and ready to go. I will say this and im not even finished, this is not a job for the weak hearted. I cried.... Twice...

Back
Top Bottom