SKS bayonet help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGLEW

Air Force Icon Supporter
AKA: BIG PRETTY - BDR1
446   0
Reaction score
My Russian SKS bayonet is not acting right. I will not fit tight into the stock, keeping the blade stuck out just enough to poke your hand while holding the rifle. I have attached pictures of the bayonet, and I want to draw your attention to the close up picture. As you can see, the side the mount touches is not a straight cut, while the other side is a straight cut. I have thought about removing the bayonet, hitting it with a file, and seeing if that will fix the problem. Then thought I would get with you experts on here for advise on what to do. I know I could just buy a new one, but that would be no fun... lol

i42.tinypic.com_24pfosy.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_vqhz7o.jpg

Your bayonet may be too tight. Take it off and clean it. Clean the retention spring. You want the mount and the bayonet handle parallel when closed as you know. If you have it too tight, it will interfere with the operation not allowing it to fully extend or will keep it retracted.

Is this the original bayonet that came with the rifle?

Your bayonet may be too tight. Take it off and clean it. Clean the retention spring. You want the mount and the bayonet handle parallel when closed as you know. If you have it too tight, it will interfere with the operation not allowing it to fully extend or will keep it retracted.

Is this the original bayonet that came with the rifle?

I thought it was, but apparently it is not. I cleaned it last night when I had it off and did not make a difference. According to the site bambam provided, it looks like the bayonet is not the original to the gun. I will pick up a file today and work on it tonight, file it down little by little until it hopefully get a correct fit.

editing my previous post.......SOME Russian bayo's have a ramped cut some are straight but that bayo lug doesn't look right like its been worked on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom