• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Sig sauer mk25 navy seal pistol

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Ill start first with me admitting I'm not much of a sig guy. Nothing wrong with them I just don't dig them. I decided to give them one more chance and bought the sig mk25. I now see what all the fuss is about. I'll start with the pros and cons:

Pros:
Quality : Sig went all out with this pistol. Very tight tolerances. Good finish and the coated internals really impressed me.
Accuracy : VERY accurate.
Ergonomics : fits great in the hand and gives point and shoot a whole new meaning.
Parts availability : parts are all over the place and both factory/ aftermarket mags can be found.
Reliability : I fired this pistol both suppressed and unsuppressed. Not a single malfunction.
Trigger pull : has a very smooth double and single action trigger.
Out of the box satisfaction : came with night sights, threaded barrel and 3 mags! It's good to go out the box

Cons:
Weight : being a non polymer pistol you do pay a weight penalty
Finish : I personally don't like the finish they put on the slide due to it looking and feeling rough but it is tough as nails.
Trigger : the factory trigger is smooth, that's one feature I don't care for .
Price : they can be a bit expensive but you can find them for under $900

All in all my dislike of a few minor features do not weigh out to much. I'm very pleased with this pistol. It's a great suppressor host and yet another one of the few firearms I'd trust my life with. My hk P7m8 is my everyday carry, I bought this one to hold me down til it comes back from being refinished. I may end up safe queening the p7 as this pistol does carry very well.

If you are having doubts about buying this fine pistol .. I can tell you with confidence that once you do decide to buy this pistol, you will be glad you did !

i44.tinypic.com_2egfces.jpg

Last edited:
im pretty sure fourth armory had the mk25s for $840, not sure if it was model with the tb. but if interested in one, theyd be worth checking with

If you want something a little easier to carry but very similar, check out the SIG M11-a1. Holds 15 rounds and has the same coated internals as the MK and comes with nite sites and SRT. I love mine.

Back
Top Bottom