• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shtf go to guns

K given a real SHTF situation, atleast in my mind, you need something you can readily get ammo for. Im sure most of you out there already have your ammo stored up like the good little gun freaks you are, lol, BUT for the rest of us I think it would be good to keep the same caliber in most of our weapons. As for me my list goes:
1.) Primary is a Kel Tec Sub2000 with 4-5 33rd mags
2.) Side Arm is a Glock 34 (mags are interchangeable with the Sub 2000)
3.) Back up piece is a Browning Hi -Power 9mm
4.) Always need a shot gun so I have a CAI 2xBarrel Rabbit Ear 12ga. Its cheap but not too many moving parts to break or go wrong.
5.) Long Range is my Remington 700 Tactical .223 that im still setting up.

I choose .223/9mm because for the time being its semi cheap to shoot and if the SHTF then I can always break in and rob a Wal-Mart or something to get more ammo. My next step is getting another .223 (pref an AR or AK) just to have and bulk up on ammo. Atleast a 1K rds of each caliber.

Me. Up close Bushmaster AR 11.5 bbl Long Distance Rem 700 .308 trued w/ stainless bbl. completely duracoated. Hip Glock 21 Slung Rem 870 12 guage.

Wife. Same type AR. hip Ruger SR9. Marlin model 60.

In case I need to trade the Colt AR during a SHTF scenario, I probably need the cardboard box it came in or I'm screwed and can only expect maybe TREE FIDDY in trade... It's a long story... You'd have had to been there.

I can imagine the headlines when the news tells how i got the ol' lady and kids out of the house safely, only to be engulfed in flames and die horribly as i tried to save the box to my le6920...i however have misplaced the tags....and like yours, it is worth nothing.....

www.gunthorp.com_images_Blunderbuss.gif

www.eaglebears.com_xcart_images_P_club2.jpg

1000things.comyr.com_img_images_how_to_make_a_molotov_cocktail1.jpg

need that back when ur finished with it....

A Ruger MKIII. I can easily hold 500 rounds in my pockets--try that with a 12 guage, .223 or even 9mm. You may get a look from the shtf ladies running around though. I don't think there is a better shtf gun than a .22lr pistol. You aren't going to be taking 200 yard shots at anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom