• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shtf go to guns

A Ruger MKIII. I can easily hold 500 rounds in my pockets--try that with a 12 guage, .223 or even 9mm. You may get a look from the shtf ladies running around though. I don't think there is a better shtf gun than a .22lr pistol. You aren't going to be taking 200 yard shots at anything.

A .22 is a good choice as well! Shouldn't have ruled it out. But im not walking anywhere if shtf, so idc bout 500 rnds in my pocket. The back of my suburban will be loaded down and ill be headed to south ga where the rest of my redneck, gun loving, paranoid family is! lol

For collecting small game the rimfire is invaluable. I agree, the best scenario is probably to "bug in". I can shoot a lot of squirrels and bunnies for $10 worth of rimfire rounds.

^Explain to me what you would need to be shooting at distances of greater that 1000 yards in a shtf situation....even 50 yards.

I wouldn't be shooting at 1000+, but there may be the occasional deer somewhere in there, so I would have something a little bigger than just the .22

This isn't a list of what i'll be "carrying", or "bugging out" with. Just me trying to cover all of the bases. So this is my goal for my collection

Me:
Pistol- .45 1911
MBR- 5.56/.223 Sbr
Small game- .22lr rifle, looking at a savage
Larger game- a .308 version of one of the semi-auto rifles. Havent decided which one yet. considering the dpms or ar-10. Chose the semi in the event that i have to rapidly engage something.
HD- a .12ga shotgun, looking at 870's

Misc guns:
P22- the wifes
P238- for concealed carry in warmer months
hk 416 .22 pistol- the wifes MBR lol, she is small, so its a compromise but it looks "tacticool" enough to make someone hesitate, and even 30rds of .22 will kill someone. besides i get to shoot it too
More Shotguns- For those relatives who show up, so at least they can protect the fort.

Back
Top Bottom