• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shtf ammo

i have ample stock of both, but probably have a 5:1 ratio of FMJ. this is mainly for cost reasons. I'd much rather have 5000 rds of fmj than 1000 of jhp and run out. easier to shoot a few more fmj if needed than try to find ammo

rifle ammo doesn't matter as much as long as your gun will feed it reliably

90% of the people who want ammo after a major TEOTWAWKI event will not be those who have stocked their own supply to carry them through a year or two. It'll be folks that have grandad's old .45 in a box somewhere, or a shotgun with a box of 20 shells and suddenly they realize it's far too little.

I'll gladly trade X number of "spare rounds" or a much needed item for that 90% silver coin, your gold ring, freeze dried food, medicine, acre of land, etc. It's also about prospering instead of just surviving. Wouldn't you rather be the guy trading an extra stockpile of "must have now" stuff for the "this will take care of me and mine for a few years down the road" stuff? I betchya many people that prosper in a TEOTWAWKI event (like a war) are the same people who think about long term investing and entrepreneurial businesses today. History is filled with examples.

Gotta think bigger than just surviving an economic meltdown, EMP/Solar event (grid down), etc. If you stock up on high quality items that you buy at bargain prices now, you can profit in a normal economy and in the aftermath of a major event.

I wish I old enough to shoot with a brick of .22lr was under $5! I don't think I would do anything else. I think I could wear a 10/22 out with that price of ammo! I wish I had the funds to really stock up on ammo, but I have about 1000 rounds of 9mm fmj 200 rounds of 9jhp, 100 rounds of 3" buckshot, 200 rounds of slugs and a bunch of sabot slugs, and I like to keep about 3000 to 5000 rounds of .22lr cause I hate running out of it when i want to shoot (wally world doesn't always have it here...) but right now i'm down to about a 1000. those are my 3 calibers .22lr, 12 gauge, and 9mm. I need a big rifle caliber :-(

in a true SHTF situation, you just need to have enough ammo and enough like minded individuals to get to where they keep the stuff. Most people are going to be too scared/confused/dead to think about heading to Academy Sports or Kmart.

That's what puzzles me about shows like Falling Skies and the Walking Dead. I'd be headed to a pawn shop and a car lot before riding in an old jalopy with grandpa's .38 for a sidearm...

Im right there with ya! Get what you have and go find others like you and make sure your in a safe, secure place...

90% of the people who want ammo after a major TEOTWAWKI event will not be those who have stocked their own supply to carry them through a year or two. It'll be folks that have grandad's old .45 in a box somewhere, or a shotgun with a box of 20 shells and suddenly they realize it's far too little.

I'll gladly trade X number of "spare rounds" or a much needed item for that 90% silver coin, your gold ring, freeze dried food, medicine, acre of land, etc. It's also about prospering instead of just surviving. Wouldn't you rather be the guy trading an extra stockpile of "must have now" stuff for the "this will take care of me and mine for a few years down the road" stuff? I betchya many people that prosper in a TEOTWAWKI event (like a war) are the same people who think about long term investing and entrepreneurial businesses today. History is filled with examples.

Gotta think bigger than just surviving an economic meltdown, EMP/Solar event (grid down), etc. If you stock up on high quality items that you buy at bargain prices now, you can profit in a normal economy and in the aftermath of a major event.
I agree. In the bible, GOD permitted Joseph and Pharoah to do the exact same thing. They stored up all the grains because they knew the famine was coming, and when it hit, those two had the largest survival food business in the middle east!
I store plenty of extras for bartering purposes. I realize that I may actually need someone's help, so I figure I better have plenty of alternative currencies. (soap, razors, bullets, toilet paper, etc)

Back
Top Bottom