• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

shtf ammo

at

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
Do you stock up on fmj or jhp? I have around 500 rounds of fmj and around 100 rounds of jhp 40 s&w and 600 rounds of 7.62x39 sp. What do you stock up on? I am going to stock up on some more 40 would it be worth the cost to buy jhp? What's a good round count to feel comfortable with?

Also I should add I have 9 mags for my glock 23, and 4 mags for my ak, ill be adding more mags for my ak soon.

in a true SHTF situation, you just need to have enough ammo and enough like minded individuals to get to where they keep the stuff. Most people are going to be too scared/confused/dead to think about heading to Academy Sports or Kmart.

That's what puzzles me about shows like Falling Skies and the Walking Dead. I'd be headed to a pawn shop and a car lot before riding in an old jalopy with grandpa's .38 for a sidearm...

All ammo is SHTF ammo.

ETA: There is no such thing as too much ammo. Buy what you can afford, but don't purchase ammo over food, water, fuel, or getting out of debt.

Last edited:
Depends on what my intention is for it's use etc. If your going to have the hit the Trail then you can only carry so much. If your staying in, then as much as you feel comfortable having on hand for each caliber. Even if your going to load in your vehicle because you have to bug out, you only have so much room for ammo and other supplies. I reload so I can always up my cache as needed.

Back
Top Bottom