• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show your Long Range Precision Rifle, or your " Sniper Rifle"

i371.photobucket.com_albums_oo151_crowcommander_1124110926.jpg

Ok, so it isn't your classic long range artillery but it has killed at 110yds. Refinished pawn shop Model 60 with 3.8x12x42 AO Simmons Aetec scope sitting inside Leapers 1 piece rings/base. Fits my bill perfectly.

Nick T

An excellent "sniper rifle" is always attached by a wingnut on the trigger. 110 yards is an excellent shot for a .22LR. If you can dope a .22LR then a center fire will come easy (to a degree). Nearly 13" drop at 100 yds. and if decent wind, well then I often just give up. http://www.gunsmoke.com/guns/1022/22ballistics.html

Last edited:
An excellent "sniper rifle" is always attached by a wingnut on the trigger. 110 yards is an excellent shot for a .22LR. If you can dope a .22LR then a center fire will come easy (to a degree). Nearly 13" drop at 100 yds. and if decent wind, well then I often just give up. http://www.gunsmoke.com/guns/1022/22ballistics.html

I think it surprised the squirrel as much as it did me when it connected. Just held what felt right and turned it loose, he was standing and alley struck right in the neck. Perfect shot as in shooting position and where he was standing but I know allot of luck was involved.

There's some awesome rifles in this thread. I'm a huge fan of precision shooting.

Nick T

Hey where did your action go? It looks like all barrel. :cool-new:

It's still there just has a heavy barrel. Had the guys at Accurate Ordnance do some work. Badger bolt knob install, Seekins 20 MOA rail installed, and Timney trigger tuned to 2.25lb pull. Got to pay some bills then I'll get the glass. In 6+ months my AAC Cyclone will be approved.

i.imgur.com_mS6vxZh.jpg

i.imgur.com_2zewHrz.jpg

If you want to shoot hardrock, don't go with a brake, they make brake shooters shoot last which is usually the worst conditions plus the Creedmoor really doesn't need it IMO. Plus if you shoot GunsiteHills, Chief HATES brakes. Kicked me off of the range the first time I shot the red rifle.

Conditions don't matter....
😜
Plunk-dizzle

Yea conditions do make a ****, shot 3rd relay with the 223 guys with my suppressed 308, good enough for the win, now in the ATG class I shot in winds and high mirage same as every one else, skill prevails here as my 243 spanked plenty of 300 win mags 260's 6.5-284's 7 wsm ect...

😉 there's no competing against ward in the 223 class

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_13_y4ypavar.jpg

Last edited:
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_13_e8aga6uj.jpg

My 308 at bottom
24" hart 10 twist shooting 208's

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_13_deva8y5y.jpg

My 243ai @ hard rock
28" kreiger tight neck shooting 105 berger hybrids

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom