• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Should I post negative feedback?

I need everyone's opinion. I traded one of my SIGs NIB with all original factory items as purchased new to an ODT member in South Georgia. His wife decided she didn't want it so I bought it back and was told it would come with everything the way I traded it to him. The guy was kind enough to use his company account to cover shipping due to the long distance we would have to drive if we were to meet again (over 2 hours one way!). When he sent me my package, I received everything packed in a SIG case for another gun instead of the original case with matching serial number. I am one of the weird ones that like everything original when I purchase. Some consider it stupid but it's one of my quirks as a collector. I notified him of the mistake and he said "No problem. I will send you the correct case in a few days". After 8-10 days I asked if he had shipped it with no response. I asked several more times over a week and he said he went to TN on an unexpected trip and would be back Monday and ship it. STILL NOTHING and it's been over a month since we started this. I offered to pay for the shipping if that was an issue and he still won't respond. I even got concerned and asked if he was OK but with no response.

Should I leave negative feedback for this person and just move on? He probably could care less at this point. I have never left negative feedback for anyone even when the deal wasn't necessarily to my expectations but I kept my word and bought anyway. I have even had two NO SHOWS and didn't leave a negative review! If your word as a man is worthless then you have NOTHING. Thank you everyone.
If you feel negative and with lack of comms on his part then yes,but give the benefit of retribution and if still no satisfaction drive down there and whomp on him...just kidding ..I don't condone violence ....much:tape2:

Feedback is kinda retarded. Say you do multiple deals with same guy, for example you do 9 deals. All 9 deals go great, you really only get credit for 1 deal. Say a 10th deal happens and it's a terrible experience and someone gets screwed what's happens then? Boom!

It is set that way to keep friends from bumping up feedback scores. You can leave a person a pos and a neg.

You owe it to all traders to know who they are dealing with. I dont like neg. feedbacks when I trade but if they are legitimate concerns it is in everyones best interest to see.

I have an idea. Anybody who has neg.. Gets removed.. All new members must be vouched for by quality members... They way people just can't start a new ID...basically all.new members have a sponsor... Just a thought...

I have an idea. Anybody who has neg.. Gets removed.. All new members must be vouched for by quality members... They way people just can't start a new ID...basically all.new members have a sponsor... Just a thought...

That wouldn't work and honestly I would not like that system. I found this site through Google when I was looking for a specific 1911 for sale. I'm sure plenty of members have found the site the same way.

I just got a "friendly reminder" for public callouts for posting a link to a few deadbeats feedback pages(I know I was wrong according to site rules, so I'm not arguing that). I think that we should be allowed to call out members with multiple negatives though. Maybe have a hall of shame or something like that.

So let me get this straight, I get an account warning for pointing out someones feedback, even though that feedback is not only listed under their user name when they post but also the details about that negative feedback. If pointing out that someone has negative feedback and why is a call out then maybe you should make our feedback private and the comments about that feedback private as well. You can't have it both ways. Either feedback is private site wide or it is out in the open and any member can post about it.

Last edited:
I just got a "friendly reminder" for public callouts for posting a link to a few deadbeats feedback pages(I know I was wrong according to site rules, so I'm not arguing that). I think that we should be allowed to call out members with multiple negatives though. Maybe have a hall of shame or something like that.

So did I, it is stupid. Our feedback is plainly listed under our avatar. Pointing out that someone has a negative feedback is hardly calling anyone out. It is pointing out the obvious.

Here is a link to the member list. Some of these people have negative feedback. http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/memberlist.php

I just called out everyone. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom