• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Should I post negative feedback?

TommyT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
484   0
Reaction score
I need everyone's opinion. I traded one of my SIGs NIB with all original factory items as purchased new to an ODT member in South Georgia. His wife decided she didn't want it so I bought it back and was told it would come with everything the way I traded it to him. The guy was kind enough to use his company account to cover shipping due to the long distance we would have to drive if we were to meet again (over 2 hours one way!). When he sent me my package, I received everything packed in a SIG case for another gun instead of the original case with matching serial number. I am one of the weird ones that like everything original when I purchase. Some consider it stupid but it's one of my quirks as a collector. I notified him of the mistake and he said "No problem. I will send you the correct case in a few days". After 8-10 days I asked if he had shipped it with no response. I asked several more times over a week and he said he went to TN on an unexpected trip and would be back Monday and ship it. STILL NOTHING and it's been over a month since we started this. I offered to pay for the shipping if that was an issue and he still won't respond. I even got concerned and asked if he was OK but with no response.

Should I leave negative feedback for this person and just move on? He probably could care less at this point. I have never left negative feedback for anyone even when the deal wasn't necessarily to my expectations but I kept my word and bought anyway. I have even had two NO SHOWS and didn't leave a negative review! If your word as a man is worthless then you have NOTHING. Thank you everyone.

Sounds like grounds for a negative. However the feedback system here is a bit of a joke. It seems to mean little as there are people here with four-five (probably even more I just haven't bothered to search it out), negative feedback's and they are still here. On other sites negative feedback can and often does result in a ban if a resolution isn't reached. A person with more than one negative is a habitual douche bag and should be removed from the site IMO. Good luck OP, maybe the guy will make it right. Then again what incentive does he have to make it right? A minor percentage drop in his feedback rating is all it is going to cost him.

Sounds like grounds for a negative. However the feedback system here is a bit of a joke. It seems to mean little as there are people here with four-five (probably even more I just haven't bothered to search it out), negative feedback's and they are still here. On other sites negative feedback can and often does result in a ban if a resolution isn't reached. A person with more than one negative is a habitual douche bag and should be removed from the site IMO. Good luck OP, maybe the guy will make it right. Then again what incentive does he have to make it right? A minor percentage drop in his feedback rating is all it is going to cost him.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom