• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Short barrel suppressed 9mm AR hammer not resetting consistently after firing

you bastards with your suppressors approved and DDLES lowers
View attachment 151053

Yeah, what HE said X 2!!!

i270.photobucket.com_albums_jj91_bluesman2a_Tools_iPhoneUpload_1_1.jpg

i270.photobucket.com_albums_jj91_bluesman2a_Tools_IMG_0560.jpg

That's some awesome looking machinery you gentlemen have and I'm sure more than a few sweaty teeth occurred on followers of this thread.

Good luck on trying different buffers/springs as I know you really want to retain that fine trigger you have currently but I feel it will not correct your issue. You have to understand the process of the bolt traveling to the rear and cocking the weapon. Subtle changes in the contact points of the hammer and your bolt (ramp) will affect it's function.

Your Geissele hammer is missing a huge amount of meat that contacts the bolt (ramped) surface:

i50.tinypic.com_23k4tvr.jpg

The DPMS has a full arched curve without any notches cut within it. It works well with a ramped bolt:

i48.tinypic.com_2z5895x.jpg

This is a notched Rock River hammer and will not work with a ramped 9mm bolt as it renders it a single shot with only the tiny smidge of metal removed at the hammer tip.

i49.tinypic.com_nobiph.jpg

Give us a range report and if the buffer/spring switch corrected it please give the details.

Thanks for your help brother. I'll be going to the rang tomorrow with the new spring and also my Timney and DPMS trigger to try those as well... Ill keep y'all updated once I get finished :)

If you don't like the factory trigger pull, but have to use a USGI style trigger, you should look into the ALG Defense QMS or ACT triggers. They are USGI style triggers, tuned by Geissele. They won't be as light as your Geissele or Timney, but should be an improvement over the standard USGI trigger.

If you don't like the factory trigger pull, but have to use a USGI style trigger, you should look into the ALG Defense QMS or ACT triggers. They are USGI style triggers, tuned by Geissele. They won't be as light as your Geissele or Timney, but should be an improvement over the standard USGI trigger.

Thank you very much for that information. That was going to be my next question about what brand trigger but this answers it.. Super helpful.

Back
Top Bottom