• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sharpening

After some of your post and some google work. I am going to try the lansky system. Still interested to hear what other say. Knowledge is a great thing..

I use DMT Diamond stones and then finish up on a Flexxx strop. I haven't found a blade yet that this will not put a razor edge on. Some steels are much much harder to sharpen than others and require a lot more patients.

You can try this process:

Sharpen backwards from tip to hilt on one side of the blade until you have a consistent burr down the length of the blade, flip the blade over and sharpen until the burr is gone. Make sure to hold the blade at the same angle on both sides. Then just polish up with the strop until you get the desired sharpness.

Lots of ways to get there. Already lots of good advice in this thread. I just want to throw this out there:

It is a lot easier to keep a sharp knife sharp than to completely sharpen a dull knife. Touch your blades up BEFORE they get dull and you save a lot of work.

I use DMT Diamond stones and then finish up on a Flexxx strop. I haven't found a blade yet that this will not put a razor edge on. Some steels are much much harder to sharpen than others and require a lot more patients.

You can try this process:

Sharpen backwards from tip to hilt on one side of the blade until you have a consistent burr down the length of the blade, flip the blade over and sharpen until the burr is gone. Make sure to hold the blade at the same angle on both sides. Then just polish up with the strop until you get the desired sharpness.
Flexxx Strop?

Off to Google.

Back
Top Bottom