• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Senator Saxby Chambliss UN arms treaty reply

OK so I'm confused. I keep hearing about this UN treaty thing, but snopes.com was saying it's false.

Not sure if it's true or a hoax. Please excuse my ignorance.

OK so I'm confused. I keep hearing about this UN treaty thing, but snopes.com was saying it's false.

Not sure if it's true or a hoax. Please excuse my ignorance.

You're failing to put on your tin-foil hat, or it isn't on tight enough to restrict all blood-flow to your brain. Remedy that and the numerous threads on this topic will likely start to make sense. If you fail to do that, however, you might wonder how a treaty (which cannot over-ride the Constitution) would invalidate part of the Constitution even though the treaty has yet to be written (meaning it's tough for it to contain anything, much less something which is a threat to our rights) and it hasn't been signed (tough to sign something which hasn't been written) and that it hasn't been ratified (tough for the Senate to ratify a treaty which hasn't been written or signed). Those little logical problems which make this seem like something that only a lemming would complain about can all be overlooked however if you blindly do what chain e-mails tell you to do or if you utilize a tin-foil hat to restrict or stop blood flow to the parts of your brain where critical thinking occur.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

Says 'False'...

snopes.com: Small Arms Treatywww.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.aspSimilar
"The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaty."

- - - Updated - - -

You're failing to put on your tin-foil hat, or it isn't on tight enough to restrict all blood-flow to your brain. Remedy that and the numerous threads on this topic will likely start to make sense. If you fail to do that, however, you might wonder how a treaty (which cannot over-ride the Constitution) would invalidate part of the Constitution even though the treaty has yet to be written (meaning it's tough for it to contain anything, much less something which is a threat to our rights) and it hasn't been signed (tough to sign something which hasn't been written) and that it hasn't been ratified (tough for the Senate to ratify a treaty which hasn't been written or signed). Those little logical problems which make this seem like something that only a lemming would complain about can all be overlooked however if you blindly do what chain e-mails tell you to do or if you utilize a tin-foil hat to restrict or stop blood flow to the parts of your brain where critical thinking occur.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Couldn't find anything to back it up, then I saw the ad at the top of the ODT linking us to write our political puppets and thought mayhaps I missed something legitimate.

snopes.com: Small Arms Treatywww.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.aspSimilar
"The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaty."
snopes is directly wrong sometimes, indirectly wrong all the time. theyll call something false if its just a little off on the details, but otherwise true. like politifact.com its biased reporting... and no more accurate than any other new source. There ARE bills in congress to block this, why in the @$^&#$% would we have a bill to block it if it wasnt already a real thing? Hilary and others before her HAVE undeniably pushed this. dont bury your heads and hope it goes away.

snopes is directly wrong sometimes, indirectly wrong all the time. theyll call something false if its just a little off on the details, but otherwise true. like politifact.com its biased reporting... and no more accurate than any other new source. There ARE bills in congress to block this, why in the @$^&#$% would we have a bill to block it if it wasnt already a real thing? Hilary and others before her HAVE undeniably pushed this. dont bury your heads and hope it goes away.

Absolutely correct!

No the treaty is not currently going to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens when passed. It however empowers a foreign body to assist in doing so in the future. Will they attempt it? Well as Aegis points out there is a bill being sponsored to prevent any infringement of the second amendment. If you haven't visited the U.N. web site you may want to visit it. Check out the disarmament sections and the vagueness. http://www.un.org/disarmament/HomePage/DisarmamentCommission/UNDiscom.shtml?lang=en

It's very concerning to me that just how naïve some folks are. The smoke is on the water gentlemen and hopefully no one gets caught with their shorts down as we have an all new venue to deal with as it relates to firearms and ammo infringement with incremental regulations to facilitate complete total bans to civilians. If it was possible do you think they would attempt it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom