• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Selling a trailer help

JDurham

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
AD0D6410-5ECD-438A-A02B-C26893A3798B.jpeg
I’ve been wanting to sell a 14k GVWR gooseneck trailer, and at what I think is a steal of a price for what is basically a business on wheels. However, the only messages I’ve received on Facebook only ask “what’s my bottom dollar?”. Am I doing something wrong? I’ve redecked it, rewired, new lights and refinished it. I’m only asking 5,000, I paid 3,500 with a bad deck, ZERO wiring and terrible spray job. I’m just trying to find out where I’m going wrong lmao.

You aren't doing anything wrong. It's just that the market for something like that is limited to a small number of buyers, and it takes a while to sell.

If you can be patient, stick to your price. If you need to move it faster, be ready to drop the price a little to close the deal.

You aren't doing anything wrong. It's just that the market for something like that is limited to a small number of buyers, and it takes a while to sell.

If you can be patient, stick to your price. If you need to move it faster, be ready to drop the price a little to close the deal.
Surprisingly enough I’ve had this thing listed since November, I started high @8k to allow those low ballers but I’ve had 3 people contact me. 1 offered me a minivan, the other two, I kid you not, asked “what’s your bottom dollar” before saying anything about the trailer itself. Mind boggling.

Back
Top Bottom