• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sellers requiring carry permits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some sellers have unreasonable expectations of what their guns are worth, and aren't highly motivated to sell them. So their prices are high, and expect the buyer to make all the running.

Usually, those guns end up getting put back in the safe until the seller has a better incentive to sell.

Some sellers place a lot of reliance on their buyers having a high reputation on ODT, which of course is hard on newbies, but ultimately, the seller has to decide just how badly they want to sell their beloved old guns.

Some sellers have unreasonable expectations of what their guns are worth, and aren't highly motivated to sell them. So their prices are high, and expect the buyer to make all the running.

Usually, those guns end up getting put back in the safe until the seller has a better incentive to sell.

Some sellers place a lot of reliance on their buyers having a high reputation on ODT, which of course is hard on newbies, but ultimately, the seller has to decide just how badly they want to sell their beloved old guns.
Yep that’s just how it goes I guess. I’ve sold 2 rifles to other people who had 0 reviews and had no issues. Very nice people. I treat everyone the same until there’s a reason to not trust them or something seems off.

Yep that’s just how it goes I guess. I’ve sold 2 rifles to other people who had 0 reviews and had no issues. Very nice people. I treat everyone the same until there’s a reason to not trust them or something seems off.

The way it works is that if the deals went well, you should both post positive feedback, which will improve your reputation.

I don't trade much - as you can see, I have a reputation score of 4. I can live with that - if someone's selling something I really want, I'm prepared to travel a fair way to go get it. Typically, once you accumulate a score in the double digits, the other guy is more prepared to meet you halfway.

Well, you’re trying to explain to a guy with 787 positives how to deal with a zero feedback guy. I’m sure he knows what he’s doing at this point.
He simply said people like to see a permit so they’re a little more comfortable selling to someone that has passed a background check. He was right, that’s why some people ask.

Only 787 Positives? Them's ROOKIE NUMBERS--LMAO! :)

A second account to fuss about how people choose to handle their personal possessions and transactions??????
Seems off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom