• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Security Camera Advice

I was thinking about this. What about a motion detector that was set up to play audio?

I SEE YOU ON MY CAMERA! LEAVE THE PROPERTY OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE

fake surveillance cameras
Maybe a recording like what plays here on the base loudspeaker throughout the day. "You have entered a secure area where deadly force is authorized" .

If it were me I would run a tripwire around that house in different places
Attached to this….

D2463146-357F-4BFE-BCA5-46C2EE72428D.jpeg

I’m not sure about Georgia, but in California this was written in the penal code as a criminal offense

c) For purposes of this section, "boobytrap" means any concealed
or camouflaged device designed to cause great bodily injury when
triggered by an action of any unsuspecting person coming across the
device. Boobytraps may include, but are not limited to, guns,
ammunition, or explosive devices attached to trip wires or other
triggering mechanisms, sharpened stakes, and lines or wire with hooks
attached Is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment in the state
prison for two, three, or five years.

Looking from some guidance/advice from the group on security camera's. I've currently got some Wyze 1080p cameras set up watching over an old house that the meth heads like to frequent, break into and steal out of. Had the first episode in quite a few months over the weekend. The guy got about 4 yards from the camera (at night) and the images were too pixelated to be of any use to the cops for identification purposes. So, I'm hot on the hunt for a new wireless system that is going to actually be useful when the crap hits the fan the next time and I was hoping some folks might have some guidance suggestions of what to look for and what to steer clear of. The house has power and I have WIFI to support the Wyze cameras now, so no limitations there. Below is what I'm kinda looking for. Please, any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Outdoor Rated
Wireless
Night Vision Capable
4MP+
Able to access via phone app
Able to save full length videos to cloud or a hub/router located in the house

Thanks again for the support and suggestions on this.
I own a security company ring cameras and flood light camera are the best

my buddy's camera has motion tracking so whenever it picks up on something it lets out a whistle and you can see the led light turn red letting you know its being recorded

it seems like most thieves these days dont actually care about the cameras anyway which sucks. i am all for booby traps being made legal lmfao

I like the ring cams. We have one on the front that picks up the driveway all the way to the cul de sac and also picks up who goes to the front door. I see when the kids get home and know they made it in safely. Just ordered one for the back porch that will cover almost the entire back yard including the steps. Its main use will be to check on the dog throughout the day. We have the battery powered ones and get about a month out of a charge. We have a spare set that charges while the others are in use. Nightvision is pretty good on these as well.

Back
Top Bottom