• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Security Camera Advice

78Bronco

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Looking from some guidance/advice from the group on security camera's. I've currently got some Wyze 1080p cameras set up watching over an old house that the meth heads like to frequent, break into and steal out of. Had the first episode in quite a few months over the weekend. The guy got about 4 yards from the camera (at night) and the images were too pixelated to be of any use to the cops for identification purposes. So, I'm hot on the hunt for a new wireless system that is going to actually be useful when the crap hits the fan the next time and I was hoping some folks might have some guidance suggestions of what to look for and what to steer clear of. The house has power and I have WIFI to support the Wyze cameras now, so no limitations there. Below is what I'm kinda looking for. Please, any suggestions/guidance would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Outdoor Rated
Wireless
Night Vision Capable
4MP+
Able to access via phone app
Able to save full length videos to cloud or a hub/router located in the house

Thanks again for the support and suggestions on this.

Do you have the newest Wyze cams? They’re much better than the previous version. Night vision is way better as well as being outdoor rated now. Only $35.

I would pick up some of the yard signs for your favorite alarm service, and put up some lighting triggered by motion detectors.

A couple of signs next to the access points saying this property is under photo surveillance might encourage them elsewhere.

I would pick up some of the yard signs for your favorite alarm service, and put up some lighting triggered by motion detectors.

A couple of signs next to the access points saying this property is under photo surveillance might encourage them elsewhere.
I've got signs up but motion triggered lighting sounds like a great idea.

Do you have the newest Wyze cams? They’re much better than the previous version. Night vision is way better as well as being outdoor rated now. Only $35.
I will have to look to verify, but they are 2ish years old at this point so they could very well be an older version. Good suggestion, I will dig into that some too. Maybe these have less MP when in NV mode than they do in the day and an improvement there would have probably allowed me to see the guys face before the 12sec recording was over and he smashed and grabbed the camera and SD card contained within.

I bought 6 Vivitar cameras at Big Loys for $49 each they are wifi wireless, great NV and use micro SD cards and upload to a cloud if you want, all accessible via cell app. Love them.

I was thinking about this. What about a motion detector that was set up to play audio?

I SEE YOU ON MY CAMERA! LEAVE THE PROPERTY OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE

fake surveillance cameras

Back
Top Bottom