• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scrap Catalytic Converter

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
No I'm not a thief! I installed a new cat on my buddys nissan a couple weeks ago and I've got his old cat I need to scrap out. I haven't scrapped anything in years so I don't know the best place to take it. Its a double primary/secondary style cat. Any of you auto shop owners know of the place in the metro that takes these? I've seen places online but I really don't want to have to ship this thing out. Thanks for any leads!

For future reference, be careful when you buy cat's off ebay. The one I bought was listed as "direct oem fit". NOT EVEN CLOSE! The exit pipe was undersize by 1/4". Had to ship it back to Canada and I'm still battling the seller to cover the shipping cost of $44. Ended up getting a cat locally for $350.

For future reference, be careful when you buy cat's off ebay. The one I bought was listed as "direct oem fit". NOT EVEN CLOSE! The exit pipe was undersize by 1/4". Had to ship it back to Canada and I'm still battling the seller to cover the shipping cost of $44. Ended up getting a cat locally for $350.
Yeah the "Direct Fit" aftermarket cats never fit like they should. Don't know where to tell you to take it up yonder. But being a large import cat it should be worth around $100.00. All the imports are worth more along with GM bread loaf style.

I take mine to Marietta recycling, 7704256600
You have to fill out paper work and get issued a seller card. Some cats bring big bucks, aftermarket cats very little.

Yeah the "Direct Fit" aftermarket cats never fit like they should. Don't know where to tell you to take it up yonder. But being a large import cat it should be worth around $100.00. All the imports are worth more along with GM bread loaf style.
Ya this thing wasnt even close. The vendor just emailed me back and said he would refund $24 of the $70 it cost me IF I leave him positive feedback. Im still trying to remember what exactly was positive about my experience. Guess I might recover some of my losses with the old cat, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom