Scope recommendations

Rings & Base are so important
be sure to get good rings and base, I prefer Leupold & Burris
I have a Leupold VX1 3x9x40 on my .45-70 and would not have a less power scope; can be found for under $300 and less on Sale
I would also suggest a Sims LimbSaver recoil pad / they do as advertised in reducing felt recoil

Rings & Base are so important
be sure to get good rings and base, I prefer Leupold & Burris
I have a Leupold VX1 3x9x40 on my .45-70 and would not have a less power scope; can be found for under $300 and less on Sale
I would also suggest a Sims LimbSaver recoil pad / they do as advertised in reducing felt recoil
I have a late 70's 700 BDL 30-06. A wood stock with a 1/8 inch plastic butt plate. I don't know what they were thinking. Last time I shot it you could see the word Remington stamped on my shoulder. Jez that thing kicks. A 45-70 has gotta be brutal with no good thick recoil pad.

I know of decent s cooes around the 300 range. I dare not say unit out loud or the Brand Bandits will ridicule me. If I was a comp. shooter or Apocalypse ass hole or Montana long range shots I would probably spend a grand for a scope but for plinking and most basic hunting 300 will get a half way decent glasss. I have a not late 1970s Remington 700 BDL 30-06 and it's had a Bushnell Banner on it ever since and it has never lost at zero. I just have to readjust for different ammos. But it was a little bit higher dollar job back then and had the BDC dial on it and it was made in Japan and back then Japan made some pretty good glass. I thought Nikon had went out of business but Nikon makes good glass hell they made some of the best cameras in the world at one time they ought to be able to make a decent lens.

I a saw a torture test on TV one time where a guy tested 8 scopes and he ttested black hound and and a bunch of you know six seven $800 scopes. He even dropped them in the swimming pool for 5 minutes and all kinds of ragged test. And out of all the ones he had the Diamondback did the best in the torture test and I've had one and they're pretty clear. I didn't like the Viper PST the Gen one cuz you couldn't see the illuminated reticle in the daytime but they've cleared that up but that's a five or $600 scope. Vortex has got a hell of a warranty. I had a turret that came loose on one of them they sent me a brand new one and a T-shirt and a hat to go with it. The Nikon scopes work good. I loved the M223 and M308 they were around $500 they were really good scopes for the money.

But for a heavy recoil rifle make sure to get a good base. Waren makes a good one piece base. Also look up CMshoots post about scope mounting. He's got some good post about truing up the the mounts and techniques and torque specs and whatnot

Really trying to be under $500. This SBL I just got already set me back a bit lol

I would just get a swampfox, primary arms, Burris, vortex strike Eagle, sig MSR, or similar style LPVO. All can be had for under $500.

1-6 to 1-10 would serve you well. There’s also the sig Sierra models. I believe they make a 2-7.

I stay away from luepold. I had two **** the bed on me. A VX-III 3-12 and a VX-III 1.5x5. Turrets went to mush.

Back
Top Bottom