• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on the Fn High Power 9mm (newer version)

Have you handled one? I love the way they look, really love the FDE one. But it doesn't seem to fit my hand. The Springfield SA-35 feels nice in my hand but only comes with one mag.

Pro and cons to this pistol. I’m digging it but want real world experience with one.
The thing to remember really is that the FN High Power is a totally different gun from the OG Browning Hi Power. (Very) Different internals, different ergos, even though the outside looks somewhat similar.

Not an expert on the new model, but I have shot one, and it's an accurate and seemingly reliable gun. Other than that, I don't have much of an opinion.

It goes without saying that the name is heretical though.

I have one and not real happy with it. The sights are horrible but that's just my opinion. Trigger/reset are much better that originals and sa35. Maybe it's me but I don't find it to be accurate in "my" hands compared to other 9mm's I have.

I have one and not real happy with it. The sights are horrible but that's just my opinion. Trigger/reset are much better that originals and sa35. Maybe it's me but I don't find it to be accurate in "my" hands compared to other 9mm's I have.
I’ve read the sights need adjusting right out of the box.

I’ve read the sights need adjusting right out of the box.

The one I shot was owned by a friend who may have resolved a lot of the 'out of the box' issues. I found the accuracy to be 'not bad', but the ergos are unlike anything else I own - so I discounted my ability to not shoot a cloverleaf to ammo and the shooter.

I recently shot my new SA35, 100 rds with no issues. I had an original made in Belgium Hi Power, the SA35 does have better sights, a subdued finish that I like, and two more rounds in the mag. This model gun has always had a natural feel and balance to me. I got two extra mags from SA in about 3 days. At the end of the day it is what you personally like about any firearm, no perfect one for all out there. Original Hi Powers are a bit expensive and most have a few miles on them, but a great 9mm to have.

As a huge BHP fan, I think the new High Power is ridiculous. Zero parts compatibility with the BHP, not even the magazine. Totally different feel in the hand -- it loses the slim ergonomics that make the BHP fit so well. No optics cut, no rail. Well over $1000. There's just no place for this gun in the market. Edit: It also weighs 40 oz... geez.

Back
Top Bottom