• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SBR Question

And an AR lower is transferred as OTHER .... it is simply a receiver, it is NEITHER a pistol or a rifle when stripped and sold as new.

I don't know about that. My dealer sold my colt 6920 as a "long gun" aka rifle. Yes you are correct, a lower stripped would sell as "other" but I don't know what they would transfer a complete lower with buffer tube and all. A dealer would have to chime in on that.

I don't know about that. My dealer sold my colt 6920 as a "long gun" aka rifle. Yes you are correct, a lower stripped would sell as "other" but I don't know what they would transfer a complete lower with buffer tube and all. A dealer would have to chime in on that.

a 6920 IS a long gun ..... its a complete gun ....

with a stock, its a rifle ....

So we came to a conclusion that is a complete lower has a rifle tube, its a rifle. If it has no rifle tube and has pistol tube, its a pistol. So there are receivers that are pistols...

So we came to a conclusion that is a complete lower has a rifle tube, its a rifle. If it has no rifle tube and has pistol tube, its a pistol. So there are receivers that are pistols...

Negative ..... a receiver is a receiver, nothing more nothing less. Now if that receiver is built up with a stock then it is transferred as a rifle. If the receiver is built with a pistol buffer then it is a pistol, and NOT just a receiver. But a STRIPPED receiver is just that a receiver and transferred as OTHER. If it is BUILT in a pistol configuration then it is transferred as a pistol. If it is a VIRGIN receiver then it is an OTHER.

Back
Top Bottom