• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR Question

CherryCola

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
16   0
Reaction score
Is it possible to use a 16inch AR as a host for an SBR and keep it 16inchs until the paper work is done, then simply cut or replace the barrel when the paper work is finished?

better yet, get a AR pistol receiver for your SBR upper, then just put a stock on it when the paperworks done. But to answer your question yes. Aslong as you don't have a shorter than 16" upper on a unregistered lower your safe.

better yet, get a AR pistol receiver for your SBR upper, then just put a stock on it when the paperworks done. But to answer your question yes. Aslong as you don't have a shorter than 16" upper on a unregistered lower your safe.

I already have 2 ARs... I'm thinking of just using what I have. I might start this process soon.

Yup that's how I did my colt 6920. I filed the form 1, shot my colt 6920 and when stamp came back approved, I sold the colt 6920 upper and bought a colt mk18 upper.

There's nothing illegal if you have the 16" upper while form is pending. The rifle doesn't become sbr till the stamp is approved and even if the stamp is approved, you can still have a 16" upper on it and it would be considered as non-nfa until you switch it with a short upper.

There is no such an animal as a pistol receiver. A lower is a lower is a lower is a lower.

There is no such an animal as a pistol receiver. A lower is a lower is a lower is a lower.

There's lowers that's transferred as a pistol... You do know form 4473 needs clarify if the item was sold as a pistol or rifle... You can tell if it had a pistol buffer tube or a regular rifle tube.

Back
Top Bottom