Saving dad's guns from potential take over...

Tip to all you old timers out there: if you have something you want a particular person to have when you pass away, give it to them before you pass away. If you don’t, chances are that person won’t get it. If you want to hang onto a piece for self protection, get yourself a cheap throw away like a hi-point or heritage arms.

If they get a Hi Point and are in a shootout, chances are they will pass away.

Better get those inheritances squared away.

This is why I will never marry. My son will get everything of mine and there will be no doubt about it. Once I reach a certain age, I will sign over power of attorney to him for everything I own. No woman is going to take his inheritance, especially the house and land. Or the guns. Or the guitars. Or the cars. Or anything else.
U looking too adopt a 35 y old

Self sufficient good cook might even put out for the right gun

I have seen some real horror stories, like estranged family looting the house while the real heirs were at the funeral of the deceased.
Happened to me when my grandfather died. Step-grandfather, actually...and it wasn't during the funeral. But his kids, using his keys, went into the home and started taking things. We had to change the locks.

Unfortunately, you can’t count on living ‘til the near future. Do it now.

Im not an old guy, but you are not wrong.

Otherwise….

I have places to go. Immediate family has better set ups and they are my second homes. And truth be told, if my family ain’t with me, I don’t really care. If worse comes to worst, we will all go together. I’m fine with that. We know where we are going when we leave this place.

Smart man. Goona do this this with our house when my daughter gets a bit older. If my wife or I go into a nursing home or die after a hospital stay, I don’t want the medical vultures coming after what little we have.

Well let’s hope and pray that day is far and away from now…But we will prepare for whatever.

This is why I will never marry. My son will get everything of mine and there will be no doubt about it. Once I reach a certain age, I will sign over power of attorney to him for everything I own. No woman is going to take his inheritance, especially the house and land. Or the guns. Or the guitars. Or the cars. Or anything else.
Agreed 1000%. I’ve heard the judge say half twice now. I’m done. Gotta think about retiring one day. I trust a woman as much as I trust a cat.

Agreed 1000%. I’ve heard the judge say half twice now. I’m done. Gotta think about retiring one day. I trust a woman as much as I trust a cat.

Same. That’s the problem. The state is on the woman’s side and she knows it. I just cannot trust my future, and my son’s future to anyone more than myself. And that’s exactly what men do when they sign that marriage paper. They must trust those women a lot. That’s good if they can, but I just don’t trust any of them more than myself.

I’m a pessimist, I know, but I still have my own money and property. My son also lives with me full time.

The court system should not be involved in marriage, anyway. Allowing them into our private lives was and is a big mistake.

Someone in an earlier post listed making a relative the power of attorney. I have been working on my Mom's
estate being the oldest son and the one chosen to be the personal representative of her estate. Have learned
that the power of attorney deals with the individual while they are alive nad holds no "power" once they pass.
I was Mom's power of attorney as well.
Advice from my past, if it is your father's wishes, get the guns now. Lived thru my ex-brother in law carrying off
a large portion of his father's collection while family slept and dad didn't know who he has talking to. It's a long story
but I wonder how the guy can look in the mirror and likes what he sees.

Back
Top Bottom