Savage FV SR

buttplate

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
I have a very nice FVSR that has begun to not extract spent cases. I have cleaned both the bolt and chamber. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Bad extractor or really dirty chamber. Nothing else it could really be. I'm guessing you have cleaned the chamber. Contact Savage, they will more than likely send you a new extractor for free.
Thank you very much. I will snake and clean the chamber again before calling Savage.

Bad extractor or really dirty chamber. Nothing else it could really be. I'm guessing you have cleaned the chamber. Contact Savage, they will more than likely send you a new extractor for free.
Savage has a less than stellar warranty and post warranty CS is not good. Everything costs something with them, seeming no matter how small, even just a screw. I have one and they use a spring band for extractor tension. Mine built up a bunch of carbon/debris in the channel of the bolt. Competetley disassembled and scrub/cleaned/lube the bolt and it functioned back like it did previously.

Back
Top Bottom