• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savage 17 HMR and SilencerCo Sparrow

Would someone recognize it as a gunshot 100 yards away? I'm waiting on my sparrow and I've heard alot about sonic cracks, but some people say it is over hyped.

Depends on the ammo, CCI Standard Velocity should stay subsonic in a 16" barrel. Subsonic ammo does not have the "crack"

my Element resides on my P22 and 10/22. The action noise is bothersome on the 10/22 so I'm thinking of selling or trading for a cz 452/455.
I have replaced alot of parts on my ruger charger including the bolt buffer and shooting off the porch with subsonics all I hear is the bullet hitting the target and the shell case hitting the wooden deck. If you havent already try a bolt buffer before you sell the rifle. http://www.coolguyguns.com/Bolt-Buffer_p_12.html
i47.tinypic.com_35kn1ut.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm looking into a Sparrow and wanting to put it on a Savage, neither of which I have. I figure if I'm going to get one, I'll get what I want.

I have (well my wife has) a Ruger 22/45 with threaded barrel and picatinny rail that's a blast to shoot.

I've been looking hard at the Savage FV-SR as well since I want to put it on a bolt action .22.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm looking into a Sparrow and wanting to put it on a Savage, neither of which I have. I figure if I'm going to get one, I'll get what I want.

I have (well my wife has) a Ruger 22/45 with threaded barrel and picatinny rail that's a blast to shoot.

I've been looking hard at the Savage FV-SR as well since I want to put it on a bolt action .22.

Loooove my fvsr! I reach way the Hell out with it!

The sparrow was dead nuts quiet on my CMMG 22 dedicated upper on spikes lower. Worked great on my mosquito, but looking to get an m&p22 pistol to replace it.

If you get an fv -sr I recommended looking at Boyds Gunstocks for one of the "adult" sized stocks. I absolutely loved mine but the tupperware furniture that came on it was crap. It would be one of the cheapest and best upgrades you could make to the ol Savage.

If you get an fv -sr I recommended looking at Boyds Gunstocks for one of the "adult" sized stocks. I absolutely loved mine but the tupperware furniture that came on it was crap. It would be one of the cheapest and best upgrades you could make to the ol Savage.

Agreed, the factory stock on the FV-SR should be considered a disposable shipping case for the action and barrel. Super bad plastic, I could very easily twist the front and touch the barrel. Choose whatever Boyd's stock you really want and order it and wait. Mine took ~4 weeks, but I got the color I wanted in the style I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom