• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saltwater reel recommendations

Try the Penn Fierce. I have both the Battle and the Fierce 3000 mod on a St Croix 7' med fast inshore rod. Mostly using for in shore at Pawleys Island SC on flounder, trout and reds. Great combo. The Fierce was around $59 and the Battle was $99 can't tell the difference between them. Love mine.

I just ordered a Fierce for my upcoming trip to SGI. I l researched a bit and found the Battle wasn't worth the extra $$ for the little surf fishing I'll do. I bought the 4000 and some 20 pound braid to go with it. I'm sure I'll spend all my time catching 6" catfish.

I just ordered a Fierce for my upcoming trip to SGI. I l researched a bit and found the Battle wasn't worth the extra $$ for the little surf fishing I'll do. I bought the 4000 and some 20 pound braid to go with it. I'm sure I'll spend all my time catching 6" catfish.
Do you plan on fishing on the bay, or beach? I will be there next month as well. Also, where do you get a license from?

We are staying on the beach, so nothing but surf for me. There are a couple of bait shops around that sell everything you'll need. Buy your bait shrimp from one of the trailers at the front. GON has several good threads about fishing on SGI on their saltwater forum.

Back
Top Bottom