• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Safe place to meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One deal was kinda funny actually, underneath parking garage at varsity with guns on top of car hoods doing some inspecting got lots of heads turning lol.

Done a couple deals under the Varsity parking deck..... I guess this is a popular place.... Work right down the street.... WalMart, Publix, Bass Pro, Gun Shops...

Had one recently that started a little scary.. An apartment complex down by the Braves stadium, not the best area... Was waiting at the gate when this big guy in all black walks up to the car.... Turns out to be my Meet and also the complex Security Guard in uniform... Turned out to be a great guy...

And I do not carry everyday, but I do carry on deals

Last edited:
The beginning of your story sounded familiar to a meet I had with a guy, downtown Atlanta, shady place to meet, changed location because of traffic, the guy was a MMA fighter and you could tell, I was getting nervous he was going to put me in a sleeper hold and take my gun, keys, phone & wallet.. but as it turned out the guy was a real gentleman. After the deal was done, he insisted I come across the street to his favorite diner and to let him buy me supper. We talked guns, cars, trucks & how to save the world from just about everything. He still texts me the odd time when he goes out to shoot to let me know how my old gun is performing.

The big thing for me isn't where you meet, its who you meet and instead of texting back & forth, a quick phone call lets me know if the person is genuine. If, after a quick chat, I'm not happy then I'm not going to meet. Regardless.

Bass Pro, HD, QT are my favorites. I also like my local range...folks kinda expecting to see a gun there. I did have a guy hand me a loaded Glock with one in the chamber. He handed it to me in the case. I had no idea I just dropped the mag and racked the slide like I always do and a cartridge shot out across his truck. He said "Oh **** I should have told you it was loaded" To which I kindly responded "they're all loaded aren't they?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom