• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rust Blued Winchester 67 COMPLETED!!!

Rust bluing is a right way to refinish a firearm. Everything else is mostly just paint and not well representative of the quality of the gun or of the gunsmith. Leave the paint for RedJacket.

Here is cycle 3. Parts are still rusting good and taking on nice color. The three parts I show in the pic have been stubborn to rust. Not uncommon. The round piece is part of the bolt assembly and is solid. The other parts, sight and trigger guard are made out of a lower grade steel. They just need a little help so an additional application of Pilkington's half way through solves that issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 37
image.jpgimage.jpgRust boil cycle 4 is done. Here are pics with parts beside each other for color comparison. I do this because some of the smaller pieces appear shinier by them selves. Everything is looking good and color appears balanced throughout.

So after the fifth cycle no more color. In fact I had virtually no red rust even after applying another coat of pilkingtons. So carded and oiled. Gonna let it sit for awhile in oil.

Zesty I hope you like what you see!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Here it is reassembled

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 27
Another very fine resto. Glad to see you picked up and ran with rust bluing. You do the craft proud and respect the heritage of the weapon with traditional bluing.

Now iffin I could just convince all of ya to stop painting good firearms........:)

Back
Top Bottom