• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

rules on “I’ll take it”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it happened to me even after everything was in a PM and after a meet( the guy badgered me to meet on Christmas, I did and he said it wasn't as pretty as the picture was. I neg him and it was taken down. Wasted my time from the family for his bull shyte If I tell you I'll take it, I'm a man of my word which to me means everything. That's when my faith in the system of moderators went out the door. They don't know every situation like they think. They're no better than I am.

Every seller has the right to refuse a firearm upon examination in person. I would refuse to be committed to purchase a firearm that I had only seen online pictures of. Too many issues can be hidden, especially ones that are mechanical, or inside of the firearm.

Additionally, folks can easily swap guns before they show up for the deal, or make mods to it, or damage it, etc.

The picture on the site could be a year old and they've fired it a lot in the interim.

It is unreasonable to commit someone to purchase a used item when they will have the opportunity to examine it in person.

Not only that, but the right to allow a buyer to physically examine an item and refuse it is clearly stated in the ODT Rules & Regulations: "Members are allowed to inspect and reject an item or trade at a meet, there is no requirement that they must purchase the item, they are just committed to showing up to the meet."

I know that no one reads them, but the Rules & Guidelines can be read in their entirety right here: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/

A used gun would be no different from a used car. You agree to a price over the internet on a used car, show up to examine it in person, and find rust and fluid leaks that weren't apparent in the picture. At that point, the buyer has the right to refuse to purchase.

Yea a lot of the times "I'll take it" means the person will never respond to you again LOL.

until the date, time, price and location is set everything is still up in the air.

Every seller has the right to refuse a firearm upon examination in person. I would refuse to be committed to purchase a firearm that I had only seen online pictures of. Too many issues can be hidden, especially ones that are mechanical, or inside of the firearm.

Additionally, folks can easily swap guns before they show up for the deal, or make mods to it, or damage it, etc.

The picture on the site could be a year old and they've fired it a lot in the interim.

It is unreasonable to commit someone to purchase a used item when they will have the opportunity to examine it in person.

Not only that, but the right to allow a buyer to physically examine an item and refuse it is clearly stated in the ODT Rules & Regulations: "Members are allowed to inspect and reject an item or trade at a meet, there is no requirement that they must purchase the item, they are just committed to showing up to the meet."

I know that no one reads them, but the Rules & Guidelines can be read in their entirety right here: https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/

A used gun would be no different from a used car. You agree to a price over the internet on a used car, show up to examine it in person, and find rust and fluid leaks that weren't apparent in the picture. At that point, the buyer has the right to refuse to purchase.
You were not a mod back then, as I said I'm a man of my word, unless it is broke or such as that ,then there's an issue. As I said he said it wasn't as pretty as the picture looked. That's crap. Everybody on here can use that as a no deal and not a damn thing could be said, is what your saying? Yes, I have read the rules, and I didn't change anything on the gun, if you accusing me of that. As I said I'm a man of my word, I'm not going to let some petty bull like, "it ain't as pretty as the picture was",will keep me from paying the man. Plus you waste my time, then we have issues. Buying a car online is not comparable to this site at all. That's why men aren't men now a days.

You were not a mod back then, as I said I'm a man of my word, unless it is broke or such as that ,then there's an issue. As I said he said it wasn't as pretty as the picture looked. That's crap. Everybody on here can use that as a no deal and not a damn thing could be said, is what your saying? Yes, I have read the rules, and I didn't change anything on the gun, if you accusing me of that. As I said I'm a man of my word, I'm not going to let some petty bull like, "it ain't as pretty as the picture was",will keep me from paying the man. Plus you waste my time, then we have issues. Buying a car online is not comparable to this site at all. That's why men aren't men now a days.

I never accused you of a single thing. I quoted the Rules & Guidelines, and explained why it's that way. The Rules regarding sales and feedback cover everyone here on ODT the same. We can't have a set of Rules for everyone, and a separate set of Rules for dcline9163. What's just as pretty to you ain't necessarily just as pretty to someone else.

If everyone on here wanted to use your reason as a "no deal", they would be allowed to do so, because that's what it says in the Rules. Whether anyone here agrees with the Rules or not is a moot point. Rules is Rules. You can wish that the Rules are whatever you would prefer them to be, but that won't make it so.

You can send a message to Okuma via PM or in The Private Help Forum, lobbying for a change in the Rules. Folks do it all the time. I gotta say, though, the current Staff would vote against this particular Rule change.

Everyone that is a member here agreed to abide by the Rules & Guidelines when they voluntarily joined the site. Leaving feedback for reasons contrary to the Rules & Guidelines is an abuse of the feedback system, and members have been both Warned and given "points" for it. The Staff has to deal with enough legit complaints against members. It bogs down the system when folks make complaints/leave negative feedback for stuff that is plainly covered in the Rules.

Buying a car online is EXACTLY comparable to this site. Folks actually sell cars on here. So, you can get online, log into the ODT, and purchase a car from a stranger online. I'm not sure how this is "not comparable".

Like a car, a firearm can have many moving parts, not all of which are available to inspection over the web. Defects and issues can be hidden, or inadvertently not disclosed.

Just like folks buying and selling cars, not everyone buying and selling guns are as knowledgeable as the next guy.

Back before I was a Mod, I committed to purchasing a 3-screw Ruger Blackhawk from a gent here on ODT. Met with him in person, and found that it had been sent back to the factory (before he owned it) to be "upgraded" to the newer transfer bar hammer system. That was a deal killer for me, and I declined to purchase it. He had no idea what I was talking about, so I took the time to explain it to him. We chit-chatted for a while, and parted ways. Both of us ended up with "time wasted", but no one attempted to put negative feedback on another.

I did an I'll take it.No response til later and the guy that did get the item PMd me. I picked it up the next day. Sometimes things work out hahahaha

I did an "I'll take it" earlier this year, and a member filed a complaint against me, claiming that I was using "Moderator privilege", or some stupid ****, to "jump to the head of the line".

Other peoples' kids, man...........

If a seller gets several I'll take it PMs, then he can sort through them and pick the one that is closer or easiest to work with. If he gets only one, he may decline your offer (for whatever reason) and keep looking for another buyer.

Sending an I'll take it is no guarantee of anything. It just starts the PM process to see if a deal can be worked out, if not, then both parties move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom